Author Topic: Sidecar rule 7.I.11 for 2008?  (Read 25028 times)

bak189

Re: Sidecar rule 7.I.11 for 2008?
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2006, 11:50:20 PM »
Terry, your idea of different ballast/weight for
various engine displacements is a very good point. The only problem with it is that it would
make for a lot of additional paper work and manual work for the Tech. inspectors.  And I just do not see SCTA/BNI M/C Committee and the SCTA Board willin to take on this extra work load
just for the sidecars.  From the feedback that I am getting away from this internet is" you are trying to make our job more difficult"
I am beginning to think that maybe just allowing
passengers for the teams that wish to do so, and
sidecar racers that want to run a "tag wheel" go for it!!!!!!  So everything would stay the same as it is now in the rule book......except passengers would be allowed.  What do you people think about that?????????  This would be like using the KISS system (Keep it simple, stupid)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2006, 03:54:41 AM »
The same logic that would have a formula for minimum weight based on any measurement should be just as valid if applied to any other class.
For a place to start, lets just say a AA/FMR would have to weigh 20,000 lbs with the operator and ready to run.
How else are you going to make it fair for the big guys, the tiny girls will whip up on you.
Angelle Seeling and Steve Johnson are waiting to hear.
 Wendy is available as is Marcia.
Where is LeSage when you need him.
This is looking good.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2006, 09:40:09 AM »
If you want to hear another opinion on the weighting for jockey size issue listen to Robbie Gordon express his views on Danica.

DW

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »
If you look at the sidecar rules the one thing you will notice is the lack of them.  Most of the rules apply to safety and your imagination can do whatever it wants.  Unlike some car classes where there are some pretty rigid rules, to the point where some classes are almost "spec" classes.  Please leave the sidecars alone.  Some describe the bike relationship with the SCTA as that of a red headed stepchild.  Suits me fine.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

bak189

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2006, 10:42:01 PM »
O.K.,O.K. I get it.............you like the SCTA/BNI
sidecar rules as they are...........well, you can't say I did not try............I would like to see passengers back in the "chair", but we have run without a passenger since 1987, and we have set (and still hold) 4 BNI records.....that's not all bad!!!!!!
 If we want to race our sidecars with passengers we will just race the BUB  (AMA/FIM) International Speed Trials for motorcycles and sidecars in Sept. of 2007.
I hope to see all you sidecar racers at this event......and don't forget your 60kg ballast.
Best of luck to all Landspeed racers for 2007

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2006, 11:11:57 PM »
I didn't mean to upset you bak.  Thats just my opinion.  I have enough trouble trying to get someone to come up to El Mirage in July let alone find someone skinny enough to get in the chair.  I like the lack of rules.  As you said earlier K.I.S.S.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

bak189

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
No, I am not upset at all.........my main concern was and is, that without the sidecar racers in-put
we may not like the rules that are being made for us in 2007 or 2008........without our in-put.
I have a feeling that the "lack" of sidecar rules will be something in the past .......in the future.
We will just hope for the best!!!!!!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »
"Experience has shown that hoping for the best has resulted in the reality of the worst."
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2006, 01:33:29 PM »
How about this, we take all of the riders and draw straws to see who drives and who rides, the next day trade places, simple enough and every one has a chance to see why the monkeys are hard to find. :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2006, 11:20:42 AM »
Damn
Just when it was made to look like such fun, I was planning to take Glen and Glen for a ride.
Now it seems I will not only have to climb a tree but I am going to need a lot more rope.
I know DW is first in line but I really want to take JD first.
It is kind of a SDRC thing you know.

dwarner

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
The F1 rules guys come up with outrageous ideas. They then cull the absurd
from the list and make the entrants think they won one.

A proposed rule from the last couple of years was that in order to level the field Michael Schmacher would drive his Ferrari in one race then drive a Red Bull in the next. This car jumping would continue thru the season.

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »
Jack failed to tell you that all of the SDRC members are kept in cages and fed banana's. The bikes they run have a banana on a stick four feet in front of the rider attached to the handle bars.  :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2006, 06:50:10 PM »
I am honor bound to not tell what the Grear Grinders have out front on all their entries.
And I am not just talking about SDRC either.   LOL

Offline Freud

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »
Just how many side car entries are there for SpeedWeek?

How many for BUB?

FREUD
Since '63

bak189

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2006, 07:41:15 PM »
Speed Week....I do not know, I was not there.
 BUB.....5 sidecars.....what's your point?????????