Author Topic: M&h racemasters  (Read 4934 times)

Offline SALT10

• New folks
M&h racemasters
« on: December 16, 2006, 11:26:56 PM »
any one running the m&h racemasters...the 15x22x3.5...what did you use for inner tubes? Thanks

bak189

Re: M&h racemasters
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 12:24:00 AM »
We run them on our landracing sidecar..........
......tubeless!!!!!!!!!

Offline SALT10

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 01:27:56 AM »
Really, i know they hold air without tubes because i had them mounted... i know they are tube type tires, so i dont know how well they will work tube less on a mini truck...Thanks Jeff

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 05:33:08 PM »
I use the tubes for a 5.60-15 VW tire for the tubes in my M&H's. Today I would use a tube designed for a M/C with a steel stem. They can be bought for center entry and side entry to the rim...Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline hitz

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 07:57:48 PM »
  When I bought M&H 15X22X3.5 Racemasters from Summit last year, they came with the words tube type and a directional arrow molded on the side. Summit advertised as tubeless- non directional. I couldn't find any way to call the factory to ask them, so called Summit. They wrote back and said the factory said they were tubeless and non directional. I talked to experienced drivers and they said they ran them tubeless and with tubes. I installed them tubeless. :x . If anybody has been able to contact the factory on this, I'd like to hear!

Harv
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 08:00:00 PM by hitz »

Offline SALT10

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 08:39:21 PM »
I emailed m&h and they said to go to a motorcycle shop and get tubes... but i havent been very lucky with that size tube, so i figured id ask the message board...means how i know there popular tires. i had them on wheels just to check ride height and no problens... im thinking im gonna run them tubeless now that i hear that people are running that way... and you have no problems with loosing air pressure?

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 09:00:30 PM »
I don't know about these particular tires but my experience with stock car, road race cars and Indy cars tells me that if the tire doesn't lose air over a rather short period of time the manufacturer must have built it too heavy.

Pete

dwarner

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 08:35:34 AM »
"and you have no problems with loosing air pressure?"

One item on your pre-run checklist should be to check pressures. Afterall, you are waiting in line for 4 hours, what else is there to do?

DW

bak189

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »
Yes, our M&H's do loose air (tubeless)
but very slowly.............................................

Offline jackson

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 11:50:41 AM »
We ran them tubeless this year at WOS.  They still haven't lost much air pressure.  The question I have on these is recommended air pressure.  If I remember correctly, the tire has 40 psi max molded on them.  We always run much higher than that on our Goodyear front runners.  A call to the factory prompted the "not reccommended for land speed racing" reply.  We ran them at 60 psi with no "visible" problems. 

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 01:08:36 PM »
My 2 cents. I ran them on a motorcycle back in the seventies. Didn't work too well as they were too square and made steering an on-off proposition. (Should have contoured the tread). Anyway I was told by Mr Rifkin himself that they required tubes because the bead angle was different for tube vs tubeless tires and a tube was needed to supply the force necessary to keep the bead seated under high centrifical force. Also the Centerline wheels I used didn't have the safety hump inboard of the bead that all motorcycle wheels now have. That said I have seen people use tubes in radial tires and tubeless tires on non-beaded rims and it usually works. With four wheels and a roll cage, go for it. :roll:

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 02:53:54 PM »
Salt10...M&H front runners both 22 and 24's make very good LSR front tires on 4 wheelers. I have no idea whether they would work on a M/C. Same for speed.. I have had them over 200 and I feel they work well. I have no idea at what speed they will come apart.
Others with handling problems at El Mirage have changed to them and the wandering went away. Eveerything wanders when you run out of HP at Bonneville. Gear appropriatley.  I do not know of anyone using them for drive tires....Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro