Author Topic: Rear engine modified roadsters  (Read 8861 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: Rear engine modified roadsters
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 11:54:49 AM »
I guess you need to say a little more. Are you looking for a 300" or is 225" where YOU want to stop REMR? Comp coupes do not have specific body brands/types so to me you are trying to compare apples and oranges. Comp coupes do not have a class for RE unless stock so the 50% set back usually takes of the wheel base. Yes, there are ones with longer than 190".

At this point the REMR which are running seem to be pretty stable however we have not seen a 500" Blown KB on 80%.

It takes more than just the stroke of a pen to change a rule. If YOU would like to see a change, YOU  should get the proper form and YOU should fill it out with the reasons YOU see as why a change is needed. YOU could also contact the proper committee with YOUR reasoning.

Rules are changed when PERSONAL agendas are not the reason for asking for a new or a appended change. After it gets thru the rules meeting the Board will vote for any change. Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

dwarner

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 01:34:50 PM »
190" wheel base isn't long enough? Thats over 15' in length not counting the body. If the car is correctly designed and set up there should not be any problems. Air managment is a consideration. Our cars are not all the same except for the paint. That is the allure of LSR. A person can say I designed, built and drove my car/bike to a record. I don't believe the same can be said for other forms of motorsports.

DW

Offline Don Brent

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 02:20:46 PM »
190" is enough.  In fact it seems as if someone gave some thought to the length.  When I decided to go to rear engine I planed on running a turbo L28 Nissan with a Muncie four speed tied directly to the 8 3/4" Chrysler rear end.  Laid out on the shop floor this combination fit in the chassis with less than 3" from the front of the crank damper to the firewall so there wasn't a lot of room left.  (I ended up going back to the flathead engine but that is way off this tread.)  The car ended up with a wheelbase of 185".   There is a water tank up front behind the axle but still there isn't a lot of room left.  I am sure almost any engine/trans package could be fit in the 190" rule.  Most of the rear engine roadsters built so far differ from the old style in several ways.  They are long, they are low and they have very little or no suspension.  There doesn't seem to be any reason for having a longer wheelbase rule.
Don

Someday I have to give up on flatheads.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »
My front engined modified roadster is 153" wheelbase and it looks somewhat like a roadster. 190" wheel base is bordering on people saying what exactly is it? since at that wheel base IMO they don't look like a roadster anymore. Longer is not always better, only when you sit in the front of the car.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

lsrholder

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 07:06:21 PM »
 :-D    :-D   :-D  Well it's about time. I knew if I stirred this pot long enough i'd get some reasonable replies.

I'm not trying to wind you guys up, I was after some reasons or personal thoughts. After all, isn't that what the discussion part is all about?

My post said... "I think" and it also stated I was a newbie, so usually info/personal input flows forth. At least it does on other subjects, even lawnmowers. By the way, will a mulch attachment change the mowers class?  :-o
Thanks for the input from those that expressed themselves. It was appreciated and gave me a better look/understanding of the class(es).