Author Topic: Sad Salt Flats Documentary On U Tube  (Read 734 times)

Offline gnomenator

Sad Salt Flats Documentary On U Tube
« on: April 18, 2023, 03:29:06 PM »
Hi all, was just surfing utube on a snowy day and came across a video from a channel called 'curiosity stream " hosted by Simon Whistler, in which he covers the rise and fall of the salt flats. Most of the info is not new to us but they do cover quite a bit of the history from the Ice Age forward. Interviews with our favorite scientist is, of course, included :x  .But as an open public forum available to John Doe, it does bring to the surface the pending death of our beloved Flats. Not sure of the exact date of this, but he does mention the $5M from Utah, so it's fairly current. Have some tissues handy for the ending :-(  Keep the faith and pray for healing of the salt ! Go fast-stay safe  :cheers:

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Sad Salt Flats Documentary On U Tube
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 08:27:27 PM »
Brenda, the Smirking Scientist? :-D
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 12:26:27 AM »
I saw it about a year ago & it really pi$st me off! Like the rest of his Youtube videos it's full of inaccuracies gathered from the internet while sitting in his chair where ever the hell he lives. His channel is about making money as a "Youtuber" so don't waste your time looking for it unless you're a masochist!
  Sid.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 09:57:05 AM »
Yeah Sid, you are probably right, I didn't think about the fact that every 'hit' generates $$  :x

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 10:33:50 AM »
So much of the crap on YouTube and Facebook is just clickbait.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline DallasV

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 08:08:32 PM »
Not everything is crap. check this out. It is the wildest ride about Breedlove in 1964.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CF2JVqN8e0      If you really want to have a good cry about current salt conditions pay attention at the 4:16 mark. cheers
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 09:16:28 PM »
I don't even have to watch.... Dallas that's probably the spot where the road grader is cutting a track... Lots of old Bonneville film shows the Utah hiway department preparing the track
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O