Author Topic: Rule Book for 2023  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Saltfever

Re: Rule Book for 2023
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 02:28:51 AM »
Sorry for the confusion, Jack. I was trying to add some humor but it didn't work.  :-(
The post I was referring to used the word "modern" to describe the class. When I said "modern" (AKA Modified) it was my feeble attempt to correct the terminology.

"certain electronic engine technologies"  . . .  is a very delicate area in Classic and the racer must research very carefully. While active-feed-back and computer management of the motor is clearly not allowed, there are legal computerized devices. A crank-trigger-computer-fired dizzy, any form of data acquisition, and the MSD, externally programed (with a laptop) advanced curve, are all legal.  It is a very interesting class and I am glad it was created. It offers so much opportunity for the aero-disadvantaged!  LOL       

Offline SpeedRacer93

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2023, 01:10:15 PM »
Just so everyone is aware, you can buy the 2023 rule book as a PDF this year.  Paperback is $10 and PDF is $15.   I picked up the PDF for ease of use for me. 

As I have stated before most other racing organization have switched over to PDFs.   SCCA in fact does a new PDF each month with all the rules changes rolled into it.   You can download their for free.  SCCA still includes all the adverts pages within the PDF.

https://scta-bni.org/shop/ols/categories/scta-rulebook

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2023, 07:55:42 PM »

As I have stated before most other racing organization have switched over to PDFs.   SCCA in fact does a new PDF each month with all the rules changes rolled into it.   You can download their for free.  SCCA still includes all the adverts pages within the PDF.

I suspect if the SCTA/BNI had 67500 members @ $85 each they could afford to not sell rulebooks too.... And probably have a staff of paid folks to do all the stuff volunteers do...  :-o  :?
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O