Author Topic: Lenco for sale  (Read 552 times)

Offline P-38 Neil

• New folks
Lenco for sale
« on: January 21, 2023, 11:57:04 AM »
Hi guys, I know I only have a couple of posts but have talked with SS Slim and got the OK to post this.

I am friends with the late Roy Lewis ( Of Chassis Engineering fame ) and his kids. Since Roy's passing his diesel streamliner is in the Antique car museum of Iowa in Coralville, just down the road from his shop in West Branch. His Daughter and son have got the estate pretty well settled but I said I would see if I could help them sell the Lenco that was in the car at one point. I have talked to Scott at Lenco and have disassembled it to verify nothing was fragged inside. I wrote down planetary and internal ring gear teeth and haven't been able to get a hold of Scott to get ratio's. There is an extra case section and 2 extra gear sets. I will try to post a couple of pics, but I took pics of every section when i disassembled so anyone interested in it can see it and I need to figure out how to put those pics in a file and have a link to them.

I was cautious to take apart and reassemble how it was. Everything looked good inside but obviously it should be looked at by someone familiar with these. So its a 5-speed now with reverser, air shifted. Planetary gears are 3/4' wide which makes the unit a CS1 i believe.

I know I will need to get the link up with all the pics so you  can see for yourself but i am hoping someone here can help establish a fair price or a starting price. Whatever this sells for all the money will go to to Roy's family, minus a donation to this site.

Thanks

Neil

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 12:00:11 PM by P-38 Neil »

Offline P-38 Neil

• New folks
Re: Lenco for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 09:59:05 PM »
Sorry guys having issues with posting pics

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 10:54:28 AM »
What kind of value did Scott say the unit and spares are worth? I would go by what he said.
Good luck with the sale.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline P-38 Neil

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 11:08:03 AM »
Here's a link to disassembly photos ( hopefully )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7xg439MiD9h1G11m9

Offline P-38 Neil

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 11:31:36 AM »
Thanks Tom. Scott and I didn't talk prices, If i can get a hold of him I'll be sure and ask.