Author Topic: Back to Bolivia 2023  (Read 8317 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Back to Bolivia 2023
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2023, 07:16:08 AM »
Jon,

myself, I had never the chance to be at a Shootout when Tom run for FIA.

But I got pictures of his turntable....this pictures are from our Ray the Rat.....his wish was that I take care for all his photo material....
therefore I bought two state of the art external HD for the backup's of that data....Ray's original HD just gave up two minutes after I had the last data copied....means right on time

So I got all photos from Ray, also the famous jump from Tom when he came into the pits under running engine when his parachute had failed....

Thomas, have you got any photos of the turntable that the Burklands used at one of the early the Shootouts?  I don't - but remember how Tom would coast into the pits after his down run, and aim the car up a little incline and then come to a stop on the raised surface.  The floor was a turntable (like a railroad roundhouse) with room enough along the sides for crew members to service it while at the same time the whole shebang was rotated 180 degrees - - and now pointing in the correct direction for the return run.  No precious time used to turn the car!

All to try to beat the 1 hour clock.  And George Poteet had the chute designed to allow him enough speed to coast into his pit and come to a stop with minimum braking or chasing with the truck.

No doubt other racers have worked to save time, too.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Back to Bolivia 2023
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2023, 07:27:28 AM »
Thanks for the data

you right, they was on the SCTA website but than they disappeared...and I knew that I had download them....

yesterday, finally, I found them...the file map was in a complete wrong world of my archive....no idea how that happens...
but I found all...runs/qualifier/return/record/entry.....I will pack them the right way and get them on the right place in my archive....

if you need the complete pack, let me know

I messed up the attachments  muutt

Second attempt.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)