Author Topic: FIM Group question,  (Read 1317 times)

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
FIM Group question,
« on: December 22, 2022, 08:17:46 AM »
FIM Land Speed World Records Regulations 2022, page 21, Group C, Special 2 wheeled Vehicles (ex: where the rider sits in front or behind the engine and the vehicle adopts a long low profile),,

It is obvious the rulings intent concerning the rider in front of the engine,,

My query is how dose this ruling relate to the lay down style drag bike frames where the rider is sitting relatively low behind the motor,  where is the distinction between Group A1 (Solo Motorcycles) and Group C concerning this ??
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline Malcolm UK

Re: FIM Group question,
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 10:35:32 AM »
This question may need to go to the FIM where Dominique Hebrard should be able to provide an official answer. An alternative in the USA would be the technical personnel in the American Motorcyclist Association your FIM affiliated organisation.

On the paperwork for the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials the name bcumbow@ama-cycle.org has been given this year. This may be your starting person.

The Sprinters and Drag Bikes are classified in Group F, so they have their own place in the records listing.

There is a lie down bike in the UK which is a long low rear motored machine and this will be an entry for Group C. It has run as a non faired machine but is expected to become partially streamlined in 2023.

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline AHG

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 02:25:15 PM »
Stay Tee,
The F.I.M. Group C category was implemented as a result of machines being constructed
where the rider is in a lay down or prone position instead of the conventional sitting position.
Do you have a specific motorcycle you propose to use in F.I.M. LSR Competition.
If so, please forward a few photos, and perhaps I could help further.

BR
Drew Gatewood
gears55@frontier.com
~ I CAN COUNT MY LIFE ON ONE HAND ~
Faith, Family, Friends, & Fast Motorcycles

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 07:23:57 PM »
Update,, before Christmas i contacted the BMST/AMA representive suggested above, he then passed the ball to Curtis who today provided an answer that condradicted the FIM Rule book,, he has forwarded my enquiry on to the FIM for clarification  :-)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,