Author Topic: Roush cam profile.  (Read 808 times)

Offline tauruck

Roush cam profile.
« on: October 05, 2022, 07:04:43 PM »
Does anyone have info on the cam profile Jack used on the 70s 351C motors he used in Pro Stock?.
I can't find any info.

Thanks guys.👊

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: Roush cam profile.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 09:17:46 PM »
Mike....General Kinetics roller, 321 degrees duration and.721 lift  on intake/ 330 duration and .700 lift exhaust. G/K 1.65: 1 rockers. Spring pressures were 180# closed/525 open. :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 10:58:22 PM »
And I stole that from www.gapponline.net
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 11:18:36 AM »
Thanks Jerry, Is that the one he wound up to 11,500?????.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 08:30:02 PM »
A pro stock cam profile might not be what you want for Bonneville. Pro stock only runs for 1/4 mile and the run is under 9 seconds. Much different application- a pro stock motor running for 5 miles might be a grenade.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 07:32:43 AM »
Neil, I kinda figured that but I'm stuck on this cam deal. I think I either got skunked or someone sent me the wrong unit. I bought it a long time ago and don't even have the paper work but I can use it in my crazy street motor. The new guy is asking me questions I don't know the answers to but I need a unit that will give me at least 9,200.
We don't have the 351c thin wall castings here. All the blocks are Australian heavy wall which are like collectors items.
The cam manufacturer wants to know the weight of the car. What does a liner weigh?. Piece of string story.
Tom Burkland said turn everything I know about racing and turn it on its head. Build heavy!!!!.

I built heavy but I can't weigh the thing because it's not finished yet. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️