Author Topic: Many Bonneville Cars from the Mecum Auction, 2022.  (Read 1614 times)

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
Many Bonneville Cars from the Mecum Auction, 2022.
« on: September 10, 2022, 03:14:37 PM »
As I find more cars to post, they are listed at the bottom of this thread as replies.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0922-528676/1927-ford-salt-flat-racer/
Vintage Category Modified Roadster "G/BFMR" Salt Flats style race car
Finished in Medium Blue with pinstriping and Texas flag on the nose cone
Texas Forever/8989 designations in gold script
Heat shielding to exhaust including passenger's side outlets
Flat aero metal wheel covers
Rear parachute
Driver's roll cage
Motec CDL3 digital gauge pack above column
Polished front suspension components
Script tribute to the original builder, Bob Westbrook, as well as the Kugel Komponents build team
All cars being offered from the Butler Estate Collection have been in long term storage. Please note that any car purchased from this collection could potentially require essential basic service prior to driving on the road including but not limited to fuel systems and carburetors, batteries, brakes etc. All cars are being offered at no reserve and will be sold as is/where is.
Sold on a Bill of Sale
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 04:03:22 PM by J79 »
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline J79

BONNEVILLE LAKESTER DRAGSTER at Mecum Auction. Sold for $5,500, Sept 2022.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 03:34:16 PM »
https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0922-521263/bonneville-lakester-dragster/

Chevrolet V-8 engine
Black coated headers
Individual Velocity Stack style intake
Steel braided lines with AN fittings
Padded driver's roll cage
Tachometer and oil pressure gauges
Aero disc style wheel covers
Sold on a Bill of Sale

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline J79

https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0922-541192/salt-flat-racer/
Sold for
Bonneville Salt Flats Belly Tank Race Car as raced last in 2019
350/350 HP V-8 crate engine
TCI automatic transmission with TCI converter
GM aluminum intake with Edelbrock 650 cfm carburetor
Block hugger coated headers
Aluminum radiator
Transmission cooler with fan
HEI distributor
Fiberglass body
Franklin quick change rear end
Wilwood master cylinder
Wilwood 4-piston disc brakes on rear
Stroud parachute
Stroud dual fire suppression system
B&M shifter
AccuTech gauges
Longacre switches
Aluminum racing seat
Marsh racing wheels with Moon discs
Goodyear Eagle racing tires
4 inch dropped front axle
QA1 shocks
Rollover shut-off system
Rack and pinion steering
Raced only 2 years, 2018-2019
Sold on bill of sale

Offline J79

Re: Many Bonneville Cars from the Mecum Auction, 2022.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 03:43:00 PM »
https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1122-545267/salt-flat-racer
Bonneville Salt Flats Belly Tank race car, last run in 2019, used for only 2 years
350/350 HP V-8 crate engine
TCI automatic transmission with TCI converter
GM aluminum intake with Edelbrock 650 cfm carburetor
Block Hugger coated headers
Aluminum radiator
Transmission cooler with fan
HEI distributor
Fiberglass body
Franklin quick change rear end
Wilwood master cylinder
Wilwood 4-piston rear disc brakes
Stroud parachute
Stroud dual fire suppression system
B&M shifter
AccuTech gauges
Longacre switches
Aluminum racing seat
Marsh racing wheels with Moon Discs
Goodyear Eagle racing tires
4 inch dropped front axle
QA1 shocks
Rollover shut-off system
Rack and pinion steering
Sold on a Bill of Sale

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 06:10:38 PM »
Guess that one has a high reserve... didn't sell at the last one in dallas...  :dhorse:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline J79

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 04:01:36 PM »
Did not sell at Dallas with a high bid of $8,000. https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0922-541192/salt-flat-racer/
Sold for $9,350 at Las Vegas. https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1122-545267/salt-flat-racer

Offline dw230

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 08:12:30 PM »
I would have been interested in the first car listed if it had a rear mounted parachute.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth