Author Topic: July Meet  (Read 2298 times)

Offline bearingburner

July Meet
« on: July 19, 2022, 10:36:15 AM »
 haven't seen much about the July Meet except on Facebook. What happened?

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: July Meet
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 03:39:30 PM »
Plenty of runs took place looked like about 65 to 70 entrants no long waits in line. Its sad more of the cars in the area are not there to support the event. Another year not running a car! Eventually there will no place to run them in the East without support. The Harvest event is now history. Its a LONG drive to Arkansas when the local venue is gone.
 Ronnieroadster
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:45:56 PM by ronnieroadster »
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 01:09:41 AM »
... Its sad more of the cars in the area are not there to support the event...
Blame supply-chain issues. New pistons been on order many months, still not here.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 11:30:38 AM »
... Its sad more of the cars in the area are not there to support the event...
Blame supply-chain issues. New pistons been on order many months, still not here.

Jack, I ordered a set of King SBC main bearings from Speedway Motors months ago and they won't be able to ship them before October!
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 10:01:10 AM »
We're to old to go.

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 07:50:25 AM »
Some info here: https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/28/1/the-competition-forum

I rode PRT's A65 BSA which ran very well but transmission problems put us out of contention.  We will be back next year.

We're to old to go.

Sad not to see you guys there. Just build something to match your age!

Tom
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 07:56:59 AM by Koncretekid »
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Frank06

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 10:46:58 AM »
Hopefully the Harvest Event will be back next year.  Sure, it's a bit of a drive to get there but the number of runs a team can put together make it an ideal testing venue (IMHO obviously)!
E-Racer

Offline greencar

• greencar
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 01:14:25 PM »
I hope that the harvest event will be in the future. If an adjustment in the fee is needed, I am OK with it.
A big thank you to the Urgently Team, #2191 Camero for their help in getting me going.
Became quickly apparent that I have a steep learning curve ahead of me with sensors and computers

Stay safe see you next year
Ed

Offline Blown Income

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 01:22:49 PM »
This was my first event with LTA and it was awesome, short of the cross/ headwinds. Even managed to bump the records in both the mile and mile and half in the MPS-PG/ 750/4 motorcycle class. I achieved more runs here in one event than all events I attended with the ECTA at Wilmington and it was really nice to actually be able to make adjustments in the pits in lieu of trying to handle this in the staging lanes. Definitely will be back next July.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2022, 02:00:57 PM »
The Harvest event is not done forever.  It was cancelled this year as it was undersubscribed.   We can't hold a a 4 day event with 28 entries. 4 of the racers changed over to the July race so that worked out okay.  Harvest race is planned for next year.

Joe