Author Topic: Help ID a car  (Read 1364 times)

Offline 1leg

Help ID a car
« on: June 27, 2022, 03:59:29 PM »
Got this off another website, guy is asking about any info on it. Any idea on what type of body it is. I'm thinking vega or pinto wagon

Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline 1leg

Re: Help ID a car
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 03:59:51 PM »
another
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 06:47:45 PM »
🤔....'79 Caprice 2 door w/ some random roof spliced in??
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 07:15:08 PM »
Pinto Wagon? (I don't think it can run Production.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 1leg

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 12:05:51 PM »
It turns out it is a chevy Chevette. A guy started building it in the 80's but quite in the 90's. Now he is passing it on to his nephew to finsh up. The car will need a lot of updates and I told him to get on this website and get a hold of a tech inspector before moving forward. And yes he has a rule book!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 12:10:11 PM by 1leg »
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

Offline B KING

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 04:44:00 PM »
It turns out it is a chevy Chevette. A guy started building it in the 80's but quite in the 90's. Now he is passing it on to his nephew to finsh up. The car will need a lot of updates and I told him to get on this website and get a hold of a tech inspector before moving forward. And yes he has a rule book!

Speedo started the project back in the 80's, his nephew & I helped. I came into the picture around 1989. We worked on the car sporadically until the mid 90's.  The car is passed down to the 2 of us & we are moving the car to my home/shop for completion.

The car was initially built for D/FCC back in the day. We are waiting on the new rule book to see where it will fall into in current times.

We are looking forward to getting back to the salt!

Bryan

Offline 1leg

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 11:08:18 AM »
Cool, can't wait to see this thing run. I work at Meziere so If you need any tech help with cooling and starters let me know.

I should be at Bonneville this year.
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

Offline B KING

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 05:44:57 PM »
We had a small 4th of July get together this past weekend. Speedo had brought his scrapbook with the build pictures. All the pictures were taken with a Polaroid. I might try to take photos of a few with my phone & post up. The pictures were dated from 1989-1992. We were trying to remember all the plans for the motor, two of us remember it was going to be 305"s max & Speedo thought it was going to be a 360". The only thing we know for sure is the Dart/Buick 10* sbc heads & the cross-ram injection. We at least had photos to back that up, LOL! We don't remember who made the injection & we think it was Hilborn.

Anyway, we have a lot of inventory of parts that we have to go through & figure out a game plan. We are hoping to start doing all this in Oct.-Nov. time frame, with a 2-3 year completion date.