Author Topic: GAS COUPE BALLAST LOCATION  (Read 1165 times)

Offline ulrace

GAS COUPE BALLAST LOCATION
« on: June 15, 2022, 11:14:45 AM »
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY CLARIFICATION. I RACE A FIREBIRD IN B/GC; WE HAVE ADDED ABOUT 1000 LBS OF LEAD IN REAR FOOTWELLS AND BODY PANELS. WE NEED TO ADD MORE WEIGHT AND I WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT THE FRONT AND REAR FOOTWELLS WITH A STEEL PLATE UNDER THE CAR AND BOLT THE LEAD ON THE UPPER SURFACE OF THAT PLATE, IS THIS PERMISSABLE. I NEED A LITTLE MORE PERCENTAGE TOWARD THE FRONT. FOR BALANCE.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED.
THANKS
BOB LARIMORE
B/GC 1123

Offline aircap

Re: GAS COUPE BALLAST LOCATION
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 12:45:50 AM »
Bob - turn off your caps lock.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline MRK

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 12:50:06 PM »
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY CLARIFICATION. I RACE A FIREBIRD IN B/GC; WE HAVE ADDED ABOUT 1000 LBS OF LEAD IN REAR FOOTWELLS AND BODY PANELS. WE NEED TO ADD MORE WEIGHT AND I WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT THE FRONT AND REAR FOOTWELLS WITH A STEEL PLATE UNDER THE CAR AND BOLT THE LEAD ON THE UPPER SURFACE OF THAT PLATE, IS THIS PERMISSABLE. I NEED A LITTLE MORE PERCENTAGE TOWARD THE FRONT. FOR BALANCE.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED.
THANKS
BOB LARIMORE
B/GC 1123

Bob,
Please contact the head of the Coupe and Sedan committee for direction. Mike's contact information can be found in section 16 of the rule book.
Not to say that you won't receive good information on these boards but by starting an email conversation with an SCTA official you will have documentation in case anything is questioned.
Regards,
Mike Kaehny
SCTA Record Certification Officer
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline ulrace

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 01:10:39 PM »
Thank you; appreciated,  and i will contact Mike and get a dialog going.

bob

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 04:27:04 PM »
In SCTA racing, your class competitors are looking and/or checking for this type of rule violation and spending more time than the Inspectors are for compliance to issues like this. 

It's hell awaiting your record in Certification where the competitors are not bashful to bring up an issue or two.  Just keeping the playing field equal.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records