Author Topic: Test & Tune 2022  (Read 7790 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Test & Tune 2022
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 09:28:41 PM »
What are the tech inspection requirements for "Test & Tune"? What about "Time Only"? The Rule Book does not address this as far as I have found.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 10:40:54 PM »
What are the tech inspection requirements for "Test & Tune"? What about "Time Only"? The Rule Book does not address this as far as I have found.
Neil, the safety inspection process is the same for T&T as World of Speed or Speedweek. The T&T runs are essentially time only runs as there will be no record certifers on site. A few of the racers need a chance to get some runs in for licenses or as shake down passes for new builds or extensive changes to existing vehicles. There is no limit to the number runs you can make and with the small number of entries you can practically make laps if you want.
We would love to see you there.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2022, 12:30:47 PM »
Neil, the safety inspection process is the same for T&T as World of Speed or Speedweek. The T&T runs are essentially time only runs as there will be no record certifers on site. A few of the racers need a chance to get some runs in for licenses or as shake down passes for new builds or extensive changes to existing vehicles. There is no limit to the number runs you can make and with the small number of entries you can practically make laps if you want.
We would love to see you there.

Thank you, Monte.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2022, 12:11:30 AM »
Jason and I spent today on the salt doing track prep for the T&T.
The salt is in very nice condition. It is as hard and smooth as I have seen in many
years.
It is very smooth all the way to the 5 1/2, then gets a little bumpy from there out to the end. We have groomed 8 1/4 miles total. The guys at Structural Steel in North Salt Lake built two new drags for us this year. They work incredibly well. When you see Ron, Shane and the others in August, give them a hardy "Thank you".
I will post some photos tomorrow.
Wishing everyone a great July 4th and we will see some of you next week.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2022, 03:14:05 PM »
Things are going well today. We have the track finished up, now onto the return road and turnouts.

Offline sabat

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2022, 12:37:10 PM »
Thank you Monte, and happy 4th  :cheers: -Dean

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 10:27:04 AM »
The last 2 years have changed things on the salt. This is a situation I very rarely saw in past years.
I am quite frustrated with the BLM over this. People are having campfires all over the salt now. And they primarily use pallets as their wood source. Currently I would estimate there are over 50 of these in various locations across the flats.
They just leave all their garbage and charred remains behind. The fires turn the water in the salt to vapor and the whole fire pit then sinks into the crust. It leaves behind a rather deep depression. It has also left me depressed.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2022, 10:34:56 AM »
Having trouble posting the photos. Give me a few minutes.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2022, 11:59:55 AM »
I just had a great idea, Monte.  Build a fire pit/ring about 50-75 feet from the pylon that we see in the view of the salt flats camera.  Heck, put signs pointing to it:  "Salt Flats Firepit this way"   BUT don't tell anyone about the camera!

They'll do their dastardly duties in full view so we can nail 'em to the wall later.  How's that sound? :clap :clap
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2022, 12:33:51 PM »
Maybe leave them a can of methanol, labeled: "Free fire starter fluid"? :evil:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2022, 03:39:14 PM »
I just had a great idea, Monte.  Build a fire pit/ring about 50-75 feet from the pylon that we see in the view of the salt flats camera.  Heck, put signs pointing to it:  "Salt Flats Firepit this way"   BUT don't tell anyone about the camera!

They'll do their dastardly duties in full view so we can nail 'em to the wall later.  How's that sound? :clap :clap

Good idea. I spoke with Ellen yesterday about this. She said the BLM is fully aware of the situation. Their remedy..... they said if we (USFRA) would clean the mess up, they would provide a dumpster to facilitate the effort. They then put the dumpster at the bend in the road.
Once I get home, I will resize the photos and get them uploaded. My phone acts up when I try to resize.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2022, 06:27:04 PM »
Nails from the burned pallet.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2022, 06:28:06 PM »
This is the fire pit I recovered some of the nails from.

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2022, 06:30:49 PM »
There is no way I could  clean up all these messes by myself.
Who does this kind of thing??

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2022, 06:33:31 PM »
They think it is cool to spin around the course marking cones.