Author Topic: SOLD Sum's Lakester for Sale....SOLD  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
SOLD Sum's Lakester for Sale....SOLD
« on: March 28, 2022, 08:35:26 AM »

At advanced middle age (78) it is time to let what I started move onto a new home.  I want to sell the lakester and associated parts as one package or possibly two packages.  The car and parts would be the first and the second would be all the aluminum I bought for the body, tanks, and other items. 

I've priced both at a very resonable price hoping that it all goes to a good home and to someone who will continue the project or at least use what is there.  The car could either continue as a motorcycle powered car or an automotive powered car.  If someone didn't like where I was going with it a lot of it could be use going in a different direction.

I've put the details of the sale on my site as there is just too much to try and explain and show here.  Here is the link to the sale....

http://1fatgmc.com/car/14-lakester-1/construction%20page-147.html

I'll end with a few pictures that are recent and contact me at sumner-1 (at) 1fatgmc (dot ) com if interested.  Please don't ask me to part things out since I won't do that and also the price is very firm and I believe will be a steal for someone.

I'll still be keeping track of what you guys are doing with your cars.  Go fast and be safe,

Sumner

Lots more pictures and detailed info here.....

http://1fatgmc.com/car/14-lakester-1/construction%20page-147.html
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 10:17:43 AM by Stainless1 »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Sum's Lakester for Sale....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 10:11:50 AM »
Well somebody is going to get a deal... Hey if you are one of the guys that have come to the site looking for a LandSpeed project you better jump in quickly... cars with this quality of build don't show up every day.... especially this cheap

Sum, sorry to hear you are letting your baby go....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 11:26:58 AM »
Well somebody is going to get a deal... Hey if you are one of the guys that have come to the site looking for a LandSpeed project you better jump in quickly... cars with this quality of build don't show up every day.... especially this cheap

Sum, sorry to hear you are letting your baby go....  :cheers:

I should of bought one less sailboat  :oops:.  Hope you make it this way at some point while I'm still standing,

Sumner

Offline sabat

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 11:59:09 AM »
Best of luck with the sale, that seems very cheap to me. A Hayabusa person might be interested, since it sounds like it would be a straightforward conversion. -Dean

Offline racergeo

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 04:07:43 PM »

In the roll cage drivers area there are no diagonals. In the the rule book diagonals are shown. I have been trying to get ahold of tech about that very question. What do you think. It sure looks strong, but is it legal???

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 04:22:22 PM »
Thanks for the question.

I was still going to install diagonals so would put them in but the other option that I had considered and was told was legal (remember this info isn't current) was that I could plate the outside of the area where your hips are with .120 plate to give a little more room inside of the current crossmembers.  One would have to check current safety requirements before pursuing that.

One other option that might be pursued is the rules might allow a smaller diagonal.  The square tube that is there now is 2" X 2" so wonder if the diagonals could go down to 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" for the diagonals?

The car isn't ready to just put a motor in and drive so don't want to present it in a light that it is. 

Sumner
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 04:37:46 PM by Sumner »

Offline bob

• Sierraville, CA
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 05:48:55 PM »
summers , bonneville and landspeed racing at purple sage trading post , was a wealth of information before I started , during , and to completion of my build . thank you       bob

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 10:20:03 AM »
I know life happens and things change but this post makes me sad. When I first started on my streamliner, you were a big support and threw lots of great ideas at me! I tried to return the favor and cheer you on to keep moving but sometimes things (apparently sail boats 😉) happen. I hope whoever buys this puts in the effort to finish it up so you can see your vision come to fruition...

Offline bubruins

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 03:13:52 PM »
Awesome project! Wondering if I should sell my sailboat to buy it. :laugh: I have looked through some of the 1fatgmc site but have not been able to find the following information that may be helpful for everyone:
What is the wheelbase, track width, and approximate weight of everything included? Is this even in the realm of possibility of being towed home with an 18' open trailer?

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 06:40:18 PM »
I have looked through some of the 1fatgmc site but have not been able to find the following information that may be helpful for everyone:
What is the wheelbase, track width, and approximate weight of everything included? Is this even in the realm of possibility of being towed home with an 18' open trailer?

Sent you an email today to update you on when I'll be able to get that info to you,

Sumner

Offline bubruins

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 05:31:05 PM »
Deposit sent. Guess it's 5 years of ramen noodles and sleepless nights; but I'm excited to start on this project.

Anyone need anything moved from Mid TN to Utah in August?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 06:15:03 PM by bubruins »

Offline salt27

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 05:56:24 PM »
Deposit sent. Guess it's 5 years or ramen noodles and sleepless nights; but I'm excited to start on this project.

Anyone need anything moved from Mid TN to Utah in August?

Happy for you, sad for Sumner.

Can't wait to see it run.

Don

Offline bubruins

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 12:32:54 PM »
Things are getting serious. Sailboat sold yesterday and several other projects have left recently so I will be able to focus on this car. Now to get the rest of the shop ready and get the Excursion's AC fixed before an August trip to Utah!

I'm trying to figure out what the best way forward is to document progress on this car. Fresh build diary?