Author Topic: How to post Pictures from your computer on Landracing.com  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
How to post Pictures from your computer on Landracing.com
« on: March 16, 2022, 11:00:46 AM »
OK kids... you can post pics from the web picture storage with insert image icon (second row first gray block)

But if it is on your computer it may need to be sized before posting using the attachments and other options below the posting block.
The issue is the size is limited and the total of pics is limited
Allowed file types: txt, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, mpg, png, xls, jpeg, mov
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 500KB, maximum individual size 500KB

So the pics from your phone that you save on your computer are probably 2 Megs or more.  So from the file menu right click the file and select edit.... with any luck it will open the file with Paint.  Since I didn't ever add that to my computer my guess is all the Microsoft boxes must come with it.
On the tool bar at the top select resize.  My phone puts out 2 Meg pics... so I select percentage and maintain aspect ratio... and in either size block I change 100 to 15.... You then have to select file and save as it on your computer.  That will reduce a 2 meg to around 100K or so... if it is not small enough, then you might need to do it again... with smaller percentage...
You can do the choose file in a reply and and when you post your pic should appear... or you will get a message that that file name has been used.... so I always use unique file names during save as to avoid that situation.

Sid... and others, you can use this thread to practice if you wish...  If I forgot something... let me know if it didn't work...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 07:00:47 PM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: How to post Pictures from your computer on Landracing.com
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 11:11:58 AM »
And there's another way to put pics here, too.  Resizing isn't required, so you don't have to fuss with that.  BUT there is OTHER stuff that needs fussing - there's a tradeout.

You can put photos on a photosharing site, like Photobucket or one of them, and then it's quick and pretty easy to put pics, videos, and so on - on the Forum.  Good points:  It's easy to put a bunch of pics on the Forum in large batches (how do you think I get so many posted a couple of times a day at SpeedWeek?).  Bad points:  They're pay sites, they've been known to jack up prices without warning or forgiveness.

I've got a fairly good set of instructions on using such a site at the other 'puter.  Let me know if you'd like a coopy sent.

PS  I'm still and forever sorry about the pain in the patootie caused by that 4 pic/500k limit.  No, there's no reason able workaround. :dhorse: :dhorse:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 12:13:29 PM »
...and you can post a picture only once! Even if you've posted it years ago it will be refused if you want to post it again in another topic.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline salt27

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 12:24:51 PM »
I just resize my photos to send in email and save them to a file.

That degrades them enough to post here.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 12:29:52 PM »
Accent on "degrades".  :evil: :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline salt27

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 05:27:17 PM »
...and you can post a picture only once! Even if you've posted it years ago it will be refused if you want to post it again in another topic.

Neil, an easy work around is to just resize from the original again and save to a file again.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 06:14:27 PM »
You just have to rename it if you posted it before... add a 1 to the name... I think the Bockscar moonshot is up to 7...  :laugh:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 06:28:43 PM »
Yes, I know...I do both. But it is annoying if you've forgotten you had posted it before and it gets kicked back. Then you have to go through those steps. Arrgghhh.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 09:49:31 PM »
Testing...
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...