Author Topic: MOTOR SPORTS HALL OF FAME OF AMERICA  (Read 1445 times)

Offline salt nut

• New folks
MOTOR SPORTS HALL OF FAME OF AMERICA
« on: January 11, 2022, 07:01:23 PM »
I just got a note letting me know that the MOTOR SPORTS HALL OF FAME OF AMERICA has put forward six nominations of land-speed racers will be on the voting ballot this year.  Only one of them will be inducted.  Evidently, they vote for different areas in the "At Large" section on a yearly basis . . . and Land Speed Racing is on the ballot this year!  Land Speed Louise wrote bios for each of them. 
  This year's choices are:  AB JENKINS (1883-1956)(land speed record driver), AK MILLER (1921-2005)(pioneer, builder, driver, official), SUMMERS BROTHERS (land speed racers), AL TEAGUE (1941 -  )(land speed racer), DANNY THOMPSON (1948-  )(land speed racer),  ALEX XYDIAS (1922-  ) & DEAN BACHELOR (1922-1994)(hot rodding pioneers, builders, record-breakers)
   If you would like to have some input into who gets selected, you can contact any member of the voting panel of the MSHF.  Their website is at www.mshf.com.  Some of the members that I am familiar with are:  Gordon White, Louise Noeth & Jim Miller.  Some others are Dave Despain, Don Garlitz & Paula Murphy.  Check out the MSHF website to see if you know any others you can talk to . . . & for more info.   

Betty Burkland
Montana's #1 Salt Nut

Offline aircap

Re: MOTOR SPORTS HALL OF FAME OF AMERICA
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 12:10:13 AM »
Danny, but not Mickey?
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline racergeo

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 12:33:29 AM »

Beyond me why all of them aren't going in.

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 05:52:19 AM »

Beyond me why all of them aren't going in.
+1.

If it has to be only one, I would go for Ab Jenkins for his historical significance.

Offline sabat

Offline aircap

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 12:05:33 AM »
Good. Mickey belongs there, for sure.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince