Author Topic: Rob Brissette  (Read 1027 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Rob Brissette
« on: December 08, 2021, 02:37:19 PM »
very sad news...

I just read on the 200 Club FB page a note from long time club member (1957) Bob Brissette,

that his son Rob was murdered on the 20 October

Rob raced for years at the salt...driving Bob's lakester and a rear engine roadster....but never joined the 2 club

Rob....R.I.P.

my great friend I will miss your smile at the salt

Bob & family....my heart is with you for that lost.....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Rob Brissette
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 10:22:16 AM »
Even though that the interest on Rob Brissette isn't so........ :-(

some more about

the attachment shows Bob's note on the FB page and the note which was on go fund...

From his wife Deb: Update as of 6pm 10/12/2021: Rob had a good day. He is still sedated. They were able to remove the chest tube for left lung today and he is tolerating it well so hopefully they will remove the right one tomorrow. He still has not opened his eyes and is still intibated. Thank you everyone for love thought and prayers

For our friends and family who already know what is going on thank you for your support it means the world to us. for those who havent heard im not going to go into details but i will give an update on Rob's condition. Sunday night my husband Rob was hit by a car. no he wasnt in his vehicle he was standing out side.

He was life flighted to Las Vegas University Medical Center for treatment. He was unresponsive at the scene and all the way to Vegas. They tried to bring him out of sedation yesterday afternoon but he was agitated and tried to get out of bed so they had to sedate him again. We i arrived down here with my older daughter Jessie we were able to see him. he responded to both of us when we talked to him by squeezing our hands. he still hasn't opened his eyes. the extent of his injuries include. 2 different types of brain 1 bleed near the left temple and a subarachnoid hemorrhage. the bleed has not increased and is be treated with blood pressure med to help keep it from increasing. he has facial fractures, both shoulders are broke. multiple broken ribs on both sides. both lungs collapsed so he has tube on either side to help they are hoping to remove in a couple days. pelvic bone has to breaks on left side and they are hoping to do surgery on that today. disected left Carotid artery in his neck near the skull. no need for surgery right now so they are treating that with asprin and plavex right now. He is going to have a long recovery and will probably be in the vegas hospital for many weeks maybe month. we can use all the positive thought and prayers we can get. I will be in Vegas and need a place so any help we can get for that be appreciated.

they pull the plug on the 20 Oct when they were aware of the real brain damage.

incident, murdered or just the bad luck to be on the wrong place....there is no further information what happens....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Rob Brissette
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 11:57:28 PM »
GodSpeed Rob  Our condolences to close friends and family. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O