Author Topic: 2018 Chevy Colorado touchscreen gone gaflooey!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
2018 Chevy Colorado touchscreen gone gaflooey!
« on: November 23, 2021, 02:01:28 PM »
A few weeks ago the touchscreen on my truck's info system started going nuts.  It flickers, jitters, jumps from one radio station to another, has farkled with the little display directly in front of the driver, beeps randomly, and even has somehow fed back into my phone once to send ETA notices to a bunch of people in my contact list.  Weird sh*t for sure.

I took it to the Chevy dealer and they obviously have never seen nor heard of the fault - said they'd call me with an estimate.  It took 'em a full day to get back to me (again, I guess they had to do some researching).  Okay:  $550 for the screen itself, and 8 count them EIGHT hours to do the job.  About $1,500 total.

W T R B F?  Have any of you had issues with the screen, etc?  Was it it this bad for you?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline GD

Re: 2018 Chevy Colorado touchscreen gone gaflooey!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 05:51:47 PM »
I have a 2018 GMC 3500 HD and just took it in for the DEF recall. While it was in anyway I asked the service manager to also change 2 led?s behind the air circulation switches. The defrost and another button weren?t lighting up anymore and at night you can?t see them at all on that dash. Anyway he said the same thing as your guy basically- couldn?t just replace the led?s - have to order a whole new assembly for about $450 and then a couple hours labour. I said I?d live with it the way it is. Sometimes modern technology is not as good as the old way!
Gord Driedger
53 Studebaker
Record holder Speedweek 2016 XF/FCC 162.698
Record holder Speedweek 2016 XF/GCC 158.978