Author Topic: Nov. El Mirage  (Read 4682 times)

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
Nov. El Mirage
« on: November 08, 2021, 08:11:45 PM »
 hANDYGUY    going to ELMO  Thurs morning ..  Tucson  to L A  on I10 then North ,  have room for 1 & 1/2 , Toyota access cab .. 520 591 6318    CAMPING ..

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
Re: Nov. El Mirage
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 10:27:40 AM »
I'm leaving this morn,,,, will be there Thursday.   Look for the Bred Truck,,,,   will stop by and say Howdy !

The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 10:34:22 AM »
hANDYGUY    going to ELMO  Thurs morning ..  Tucson  to L A  on I10 then North ,  have room for 1 & 1/2 , Toyota access cab .. 520 591 6318    CAMPING ..

Have a safe trip, Steve. One of these days I'll get over to El Mirage.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline sabat

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 12:18:10 PM »
I was hoping to make it, but things got hectic, and a 4500 mile trip is not gonna happen this week. Hopefully in May.

Good luck everybody  :cheers:

Dean

Offline racergeo

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 05:24:27 PM »
  I went to El Mirage as a bucket list deal earlier this year. What a cool experience. So jealous of people that live in Socal.  I had the joy of being able to accompany Sparky to the emergency room after he got bit by a Pittie. About 20 staples and 100ft of gauze and he was good as new  :lol:

Offline fissionspeed

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 05:44:48 PM »
I will be there!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 05:45:45 PM »
  I went to El Mirage as a bucket list deal earlier this year. What a cool experience. So jealous of people that live in Socal.  I had the joy of being able to accompany Sparky to the emergency room after he got bit by a Pittie. About 20 staples and 100ft of gauze and he was good as new  :lol:

Good grief, Sparky got dog bit? See, they say racing is dangerous!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 11:31:03 PM »
But - but - but how's the dog?   :evil: lol8
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JR'S PAPA

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 12:00:23 AM »
Making my first sojourn with my Grandson, this weekend. This will complete my life long desire to see the birthplace of land speed, the SoCal dry lakes. I'm proud and delighted to accompany my namesake and share one more indelible memory and thrill. This shared passion with he and my son was a gift of my father sixty one years ago when we watched Mickey go 406. The fever has lasted and been passed on, and is one of the high lights of my life.
Thanks to everyone known and forgotten that keep and have kept this great, grand tradition going, on the lakes and the Salt, and in my heart!
jr.
Been there, seen that! And now I can say I participate, with my kid and his kid, J.R...........

Offline racergeo

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 12:40:53 AM »

SSS, this is a perfect example of needing the like feature. I think every person on this sight would give you a like and a thumbs up.  :evil:

Love ya Sparky :lol:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 12:46:56 AM »
Yeah, I know it, but if I get Bob the Web Elf to set up one fancy doo-dad, youse guys will ask for another luxury.  Before you know it you'll be asking me to talk Stan Back into writing a regular column/blog.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Oooh, that thought sends chills down my back.  Or maybe it's a draft here in the outhouse.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline mtiberio

• ElMo MPG1K 141, LTA MPF1K 137, ECTA MPG1K 118
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 07:22:04 AM »
Live feed for this weekend?

Offline mtiberio

• ElMo MPG1K 141, LTA MPF1K 137, ECTA MPG1K 118
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 07:23:11 AM »

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2021, 12:22:10 PM »
Making my first sojourn with my Grandson, this weekend. This will complete my life long desire to see the birthplace of land speed, the SoCal dry lakes. I'm proud and delighted to accompany my namesake and share one more indelible memory and thrill. This shared passion with he and my son was a gift of my father sixty one years ago when we watched Mickey go 406. The fever has lasted and been passed on, and is one of the high lights of my life.
Thanks to everyone known and forgotten that keep and have kept this great, grand tradition going, on the lakes and the Salt, and in my heart!
jr.

My dad and I flew into Ontario in November of 1993 for my first meet. I'd never been to California before, and we flew in at night.  When I woke up the next morning, I felt like I had woken up on a backlot set of the Rockford Files.

But that weekend, I determined that somehow, I was going to get involved.

I bought this, and ever since, my life has teetered between absolute success to virtual ruination:

20211113_110009 by Chris Conrad, on Flickr

My dad was scheduled to see us run Bonneville this year, but health issues prevented that from occurring. Nevertheless, that weekend in 1993 changed my trajectory in a number of ways, and that I'm still able to share that with my dad is pretty darn cool.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2021, 08:08:09 PM »
"When I woke up the next morning, I felt like I had woken up on a backlot set of the Rockford Files."

Like this, Chris?