Author Topic: Aardema/Braum run 215mph at El Mirage E/GL  (Read 1304 times)

Offline racergeo

Aardema/Braum run 215mph at El Mirage E/GL
« on: September 13, 2021, 02:23:37 PM »
    A video was posted today of the record run they made including going through tech afterwards.  If you look at this car carefully you can see there's at lot going on to address aero and it's know wonder they think they can go 300 mph in C/GL form. The engine is an unreal 4 valve LT 5 cylinder headed SBC built by Aadema. I'm pretty sure the engine makes well over 700HP which is more then an old school BBC I am currently working on. With so many now running high revving motor cycle engines, Honda 16 valve 4 cylinders and the most recent Valley Fever car with a 3 litre. 2JZ Toyota running 330+ at Bonneville our old school 23 degree cylinder and 26 degree big block headed stuff is obsolete. At least the stuff is still good for bracket racing. I recently inquired as to the cost of some cylinder heads to suit the short block that a well known ex. Bonneville record holder has for sale and was told 16k. That did include the Jessel rocker arms and Ti. valves. I may have to check with my horoscope to see what my lucky #ers are or was that my fortune cookie?   lol8

Offline sabat

Re: Aardema/Braum run 215mph at El Mirage E/GL
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 07:21:23 PM »
If it has no power adder, the best HP cost lots of $$$ :)

Blown pushrods seem to be doing just fine  lol8

Dean

Offline jimmy six

Re: Aardema/Braum run 215mph at El Mirage E/GL
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:55:31 PM »
Perhaps a hair dryer or a Procharger can change some other C entrants. In F Toyota seem to have found a spot and with extra spare $$$$$ in  E
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 05:16:23 PM by jimmy six »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro