Author Topic: Conceptual discussion - "Best" platform for a G/BG or G/BF engine.  (Read 3065 times)

Offline biglady112

Re: Conceptual discussion - "Best" platform for a G/BG or G/BF engine.
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 09:34:50 AM »
Grant, Mike actually went 237mph at Maxton.

With that said Steve, you can run a F5M332 or F5M333 gear box with a .666 AWD 5th gear and have enough gearing with a 28? tall tire to go well above 250mph with a 4G63. We campaigned a FWD Eagle Talon with mild success to 218mph. The car had much more in it. I won?t go into details as to why it never made it further as this isn?t the place for that.

Making power is the easy part with a 4G63. Just remember a .020? overbore puts you in the F engine class though. Your friend is cooling. We ran 15 gallons of water to control engine heat. And sure, cores are not as prevalent these days but, I have had no issues finding them as I have built 12-15 engines for customers in the past year and a half. Using non turbo engines opens the possibilities up as there were a ton of those out there.
1947 Dodge Pickup

Offline SteveM

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2021, 04:10:03 PM »
I am going to pick up a '94 Mitsubishi Eclipse with 4g63 on Saturday.  It's a non-turbo car.

My intention is that it will serve as a donor for the engine, and perhaps part of the wiring harness.  Yes, I'm aware that an over-bore of 0.020" puts it in F class.  It's good to see that Darton makes rough-machined sleeves for these blocks as well, if that's needed to bring an engine back to stock bore size.

Since I'm running a truck class, there's plenty of room for water tank storage in the back......

Great info, thanks again.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline biglady112

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 07:47:55 PM »
Give me a call when you get a chance. I would like to give some pointers and strategize with you.

720-682-8133
Steven
1947 Dodge Pickup