Author Topic: Jason White  (Read 2003 times)

Offline bearingburner

Jason White
« on: July 27, 2021, 10:31:32 AM »
What happened to Jason White at the Spring Meet?

Offline Red_Kitty

• New folks
Re: Jason White
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 10:44:07 PM »
Wheelspin led to the car stepping out at > 200mph; the car slowly tipped over and ran down the track inverted until it stopped. Jason was perfectly fine and the safety equipment did its job.

Offline RecMech

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:56:07 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see this sooner.. I actually came on here to research lexan window options.

We are leaning towards a LF tire failure. After the 3/4 mile the car lost traction, I lifted, and it continued to rotate. Once sideways it went over and was on the roof at about 215mph. Landed on its wheels and slid into the grass, turbo oil drain ripped open (pretty low in the nose, just above the belly pan) and had an oil fire.

As noted, safety gear did its job perfectly. I was unscathed. Joe Timney played a large role in keeping me safe!

I have in-car video which I hope to have out soon, just been crazy busy with work and have been working on Dan Parker's car nights and weekends.

The car has been stripped and checked on a frame machine. Body is junk, and intake manifold broke open so there is work to be done there. I have decided to make a few changes and already have parts coming in. The plan is to be back out by July 2022. Bob Keselowski came within 0.3mph of my track record at Loring so we have to be ready! We think it would be fun to return to Arkansas with a wrap to simulate the damage!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:01:55 PM by RecMech »

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 08:36:58 AM »
I had heard that you had demolished the car but didn't know the cause. Good luck in the rebuild.