Author Topic: VP's M5 methanol:  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
VP's M5 methanol:
« on: July 02, 2021, 11:18:59 PM »
I know we have kicked this around before but Duke and I are going to try some on the dyno and were wondering if anyone has and maybe has a "tune up" for this fuel?

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: VP's M5 methanol:
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 11:37:56 PM »
I've heard it is different than the garden variety Methanol that you usually use... could have about 5% nitro... VP says add a couple degrees of lead...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RansomT

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 08:39:48 PM »
Let us know how it goes .... got a pale of  M1 and M5 just waiting until I get one of my race bikes together.  Local Turbo Honda folks says the fueling is the same, timing a degree or two less.  They claim they don't see an increase at peak HP, just a beefier TQ  curve.  I've personally tested nitropropane with ethanol (nitropropane is what is really in M5) and seen a 2% increase in the HP curve.  So, I don't know where they are getting that ....

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 10:06:30 PM »
I know we have kicked this around before but Duke and I are going to try some on the dyno and were wondering if anyone has and maybe has a "tune up" for this fuel?

I posed a similar question some time back on this forum and received no real informative comment,, came to the conclushion that it was easier and cheaper to increase boost than mess with the fuel system  :roll:

First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,