Author Topic: Any Record Attempts happening in Summer/Fall of 2021?  (Read 2852 times)

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
Any Record Attempts happening in Summer/Fall of 2021?
« on: July 15, 2021, 01:00:16 PM »
Any Record Attempts happening in Summer/Fall of 2021?
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline Stan Back

Re: Any Record Attempts happening in Summer/Fall of 2021?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 09:50:52 PM »
Almost everyone who runs at SpeedWeek is on a record attempt.  Lotsa classes, lotsa attempts.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 09:17:30 AM »
Here in England there will be a speed records meeting on Runway 26 (Elvington Airfield) 11th to 13th September. This year, in addition to the two way short distance speed records of ACU or MSUK /FIA or FIM, there will be the two run records (2RA) for UK&ITA distances and classes.

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 04:21:15 PM »
C'mon guys, play fair.

This is in the thrust-powered, absolute land speed record section.  So I think the question is essentially will Rosco or Andy be running this year?

And the answer is probably 'NO!'.   muutt  :dhorse:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 04:42:37 PM »
"This is in the thrust-powered, absolute land speed record section."

Wheresit say that . . . ?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 05:27:22 PM »
Top of the page.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 05:29:24 PM »
C'mon guys, play fair.

This is in the thrust-powered, absolute land speed record section.  So I think the question is essentially will Rosco or Andy be running this year?

x2  :-)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline salt27

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 06:13:27 PM »
C'mon guys, play fair.

x2  :-)

+1   :wink:

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 05:50:06 AM »
C'mon guys, play fair.

Rather than dwell on the negative (there are no operable thrust powered vehicles completed capable of beating Thrust SSC present record and one is in the southern hemisphere).  Look at the positives - two people mentioned where record breaking is taking place in the world this summer (- northern hemisphere locations).

The FIA do recognise at least three 'absolute' land speed records.  Note! the governing body is not mentioned in any heading, Jon. 
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.