Author Topic: Roadster Body Reference data from SCTA needed for Ford body's 1928 to 1932  (Read 2521 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

I'm looking for the SCTA Body dimension reference data for Ford roadster body's I'm looking for the years 1928 to 1932? I have the reference data for the 27 Ford body already. I know the SCTA contact information for Vintage roadster is Russ Eyers he's pretty busy so I figure if anyone has any of body data for any of the years I'm looking it would save me a call to Russ.
 Thanks for any help.
   Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Cheep Speed

• New folks
Ron:  John Okaly here (Neighbor and Friend of Bob Daurenheim), recently sold my B/BGL and I'm starting to put together a Vintage Roadster.  You mentioned you had body specs on the 27T, and I have a Glass body that I might use.  Could you forward me the specs on the 27T?

Use E-mail: jokaly@embarqmail.com

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

John O.
Function First....Then Form will follow.

Offline ronnieroadster

John the 27 roadster dimensions have been sent.
 Ron
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
I am interested in this as well.  I asked a similar question a while back and didn't really get an answer.  I am most interested in '33 info, but would like anything I can get my hands on.
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline ronnieroadster

I am interested in this as well.  I asked a similar question a while back and didn't really get an answer.  I am most interested in '33 info, but would like anything I can get my hands on.

So far there's no official dimensions available for anything after 32.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
My guess is anything bigger than a 27 is OK... I think that is the small one... but what would I know... I'm a lakester guy, don't get too concerned with all the roaster (yes Stan, just for you) rules  :laugh:  :roll:  :wink:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline ronnieroadster

My guess is anything bigger than a 27 is OK... I think that is the small one... but what would I know... I'm a lakester guy, don't get too concerned with all the roaster (yes Stan, just for you) rules  :laugh:  :roll:  :wink:

Going with the lakester is the espy way out :x   Doing a roadster takes lots of balls I bet Stan knows that   :cheers:

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
I said it elsewhere, I think the 2 Club should start with a high boy roadster.  Not that I have room to talk...   1drink
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline jimmy six

I'm guessing someone doesn't think much of the vacuum cleaner roadsters of today. You ought to be an inspector figuring out how any of the tanks where floor boards belong fit the rule book.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline ronnieroadster

I'm guessing someone doesn't think much of the vacuum cleaner roadsters of today. You ought to be an inspector figuring out how any of the tanks where floor boards belong fit the rule book.

I recall way back in last century during the 70's seeing Denny Goldens Ford Model A street roadster I think he ran A engine size he set the first 200 MPH record in the street roadster class if memory serves me correctly . Under Denny's roadster between the floor and no lower than the frame rails was a nice large stainless steel water tank.  Sounds similar to what you wrote about. Denny still has that street roadster hes been know to drive it on the street amazing.  8-)
 Ronnieroadster

Offline jimmy six

Ronnie, I am talking about the area behind the rear axle and in front of last edge of the bodies of Gas/Fuel classes. At one time you had to see the complete rear end and all suspension components had to have a panel considered to be a floorboard over all the components. (Rule is still in the book) Now tanks and other components seam to be wall to wall in the rear of these cars.

I remember a friend who designed a water tank beside/around the oil pan within 1/2 inch of the pan and the side rails of a 32 frame and within 1/4 inch of the panel enclosing the area from the front plane of the engine and back of the grille shell. Might as well have been a belly pan.

Yes, Denny did have a tank under his car that technically could be construed to be a muffler if you think in that way. He was the 1st street roadster in the 2 Club and it took him many years.

Just progress I guess. I have laugh as my car had more rule changes to eliminate it from competition than any other roadster ever from the time it was built by Gary Barrious in 1969 and I since I bought it in 1981. Today it is probably the most legal and no protest was ever upheld. The board under unnamed members just changed the rules and I changed the car to the new rules and went faster. JD
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:10:23 PM by jimmy six »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline ronnieroadster

Ronnie, I am talking about the area behind the rear axle and in front of last edge of the bodies of Gas/Fuel classes. At one time you had to see the complete rear end and all suspension components had to have a panel considered to be a floorboard over all the components. (Rule is still in the book) Now tanks and other components seam to be wall to wall in the rear of these cars.

I remember a friend who designed a water tank beside/around the oil pan within 1/2 inch of the pan and the side rails of a 32 frame and within 1/4 inch of the panel enclosing the area from the front plane of the engine and back of the grille shell. Might as well have been a belly pan.

Yes, Denny did have a tank under his car that technically could be construed to be a muffler if you think in that way. He was the 1st street roadster in the 2 Club and it took him many years.

Just progress I guess. I have laugh as my car had more rule changes to eliminate it from competition than any other roadster ever from the time it was built by Gary Barrious in 1969 and I since I bought it in 1981. Today it is probably the most legal and no protest was ever upheld. The board under unnamed members just changed the rules and I changed the car to the new rules and went faster. JD

Now I understand. When we were working on our latest project we followed the rule 4EE Step Pan which ends 10 inches in front of the rear axle. The complete rear axle assembly can be seen from behind on the car.  I never payed attention to any of the other fuel or gas class cars to see what's behind the rear axles looks like we will in August.

Offline jimmy six

How Ronnie? They are less than 2 inches off the ground. You would need to see them on an open trailer. Then have the roadster chair have every one take off their deck lid to see if they meet the floor board rule. The floor board needs to also go over the shock mounts also. To be fair here it?s pretty easy to see what?s needed when you have a 32 type frame or a 2x4 or 2x6 but what about a multitude? Like I said times are changing and roadsters aren?t much of a roadster anymore?