Author Topic: Hans device prices  (Read 5741 times)

Offline Roadster943

Hans device prices
« on: December 04, 2006, 12:01:26 AM »
Has anyone found a price lower than $ 1135 for a 30 standard model? I figure this bville thing is going to break my bank account but I would like to put it off as long as possible.
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline SALT10

• New folks
Re: Hans device prices
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:07:35 AM »
I paid like 800 for my hans device...i dont know the model number, but it was for circletrack...i got it at simpsons store... Jeff

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:13:02 AM »

Try AUTOPOWER (Rick White) in San Diego at 619-297-3300
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 01:31:19 PM »
Not sure if it's the Model #30 or not, but Keith posted the following awhile back.
Todd

> Joe Timney at Delaware Chassis works ( 302 378 3013 )  and he's just become a dealer ... there aren't any
> specials on these things... they are expensive... ( 865 bucks )

landracing

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 05:49:10 PM »
G Force has a version that is quite a bit cheaper -  works with their newer helmets -  don't know much about it other that what I already posted!
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 06:17:24 PM »
Since I'm considering a new helmet I went searching for one with the air ducting for the left side to under my eyes. Great for foggy glasses and nitro. I found one I liked from G-Force. While I was at there website I noticed a restraint system. I liked what I saw. It didn't make me move up forward in the seat in our roadster which is already a little cramped.

The SCTA recommends one that is engineered to work with our other restraints ei. belts, helmets etc. This system appears to do all of that. It showed some tests results from straight on and near straight on accidents. So far the only draw back I see is it does not meet and SFI spec at the moment and may never. I must be made to fit a specific person or shoulder size. Its price appears very fair.

I gave a complete print out to Mike Cook. He has been looking at many types and recommends we find what's best for each person and vehicle...Good Luck....J.D.

First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 09:32:46 PM »
J.D., I wore one at speedweek this year and it works great.  You have to use their helmet, however, because it has special reenforcement for the device.  Total cost for helmet and the restraint was about $600 bucks.  Not as good as a hans, but if you need a new helmet, you might check em out at Jegs.com
Bob Drury

Offline jackson

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 09:59:33 PM »
I wore a HANS this year at WOS.  I'm  not sure if this correct, but since I didn't have to look left or right like other racing venues, I tightened the tethers until my head was almost immobile.  I felt safer at speed than I did going through the gusty passes in Wyoming in the push truck.  I haven't contacted them to see if running the tethers this tight is bad, but it sure makes you feel invincible.  I'm not sure they would reccomend feeling invincible either.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 01:38:05 AM »
Bob, I'm not sure what we all need is a Hans type device. Yes it's true if may save your life but others may also save it. We do not have walls to hit but in a spin anything can happen and we maybe doing a piroquet on our nose and slam sideways.
I hope the Accossiation will accept alternatives. They always have before and the G-Force system gives some lateral movement and appear to help in a spinal injury..I'm glad to see someone use it and be happy with the results. the true test will always be in an accident....Thanks for your input
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »
Does anyone have the contact info for Inovative Safety Products (ISP)?

I understand that the SCTA will require maximum lateral helmet movement of 2" at some time in the future.

I was impressed with the ISP system in the BMR Racing Roadster that I saw @ Bonneville this year. I tried an internet search but came up with all sorts of ISP sites but none the right one.

Tom

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 03:31:15 PM »
Tom, I believe that might be the one that Speedway Motors sells.
Bob Drury

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 12:37:20 AM »
Bob,

I know the ISP progressive density foam systems are made to order, but I'll look at the Speedway Catalog and see if they have something like it.

Thanks,

Tom

Offline jdincau

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 11:17:32 AM »
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 03:25:49 PM »
Thanks Jim,

I knew a Roadster guy could help!

Tom