El Mirage > El Mirage Rules Questions

292 XO engine

(1/3) > >>

Corvus:
Hello,
I am building a Rat Rod that i would like to eventually take to a LSR event, specifically Eli Mirage.
Now, my intention it's to enter the vintage inline category therefore I chose a 292 Chevy Inline, I also have a 250 but would rather take advantage of the cubes.
I can not find an online PDF version of the rule book so I am asking for advice as to what modifications can be performed to the engine to have fun.
The general vehicle info is 46 Chevy truck, 292 inline engine (EFI right now, would go back to carburetors for vintage compliance) 5 speed OD manual tranny, suicide front mounted axle with split wishbones and Ford 9" rear with triangulated 4 link,  all 4 corners on airbags.
I appreciate any info and would love to know if I can buy an online downloadable Rulebook.
Thanks
Luis H Corbala

MRK:
Hey Luis.
There isn't a downloadable version of the rule book. For what you are trying to do, the 2020 version is applicable. You can buy one online for 10 bucks. The 2021 edition is at the printers and should be available to buy at the May meet.
What SCTA club are you in? The President of your club will get a stack of rule books once they become available.
Good luck with your project.

RichFox:
And you might be interested to know the 250 ad 292 engines are not legal in XO.  235 and 261 are legal along with 270 and 302

salt27:
Luis, As Rich pointed out, the reason is XO is for 1959 and earlier engines.

Don

Stan Back:
. . . and with the suicide front end, I'm guessing the body might not be completely stock to run in any pickup class.

You can run "Time Only" with a vehicle that passes all safety requirements including a full cage and approved fire systems -- and more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version