Author Topic: The Porkchop Express -- 1997 Chevy S-10  (Read 7192 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: The Porkchop Express -- 1997 Chevy S-10
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2021, 02:20:26 PM »
Check out this web site for some good info on running nitro.  http://www.fuelinjectionent.com/nitro_new.php

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline MikeVanErt

• New folks
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2021, 10:22:32 AM »
Long time since last update.  I've had a few medical procedures that have slowed my ability to work on the truck.  Feeling much better as of late, so I celebrated by getting back out in the garage and getting back to work.  Pictured progress is my almost finished and mostly mocked up front air dam.  It's made out of rolled plastic the stock car guys use with the bottom section being plastic landscape edging I got from the local hardware store.  Wasn't very stiff but I was able to figure out some metal bracing that I think makes it acceptably rigid...guess we'll see for sure on the salt.  Currently have 2" of ground clearance, which is probably too much, but I figure it is a good starting point.  Other progress as of late:  I have replaced the needle bearing rollers in my stock rocker arms with bronze bushed trunions, finally decided on a place to final mount the relays for my electric fans and I have the stock rear-end cover removed and the differential drained of all fluid.  I should have my new rear-end cover with reinforced stud girdles and a differential full of AMSOIL 75w-90 Severe Gear Oil by next update.  Hopefully more progress as well.

Offline fissionspeed

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2021, 03:48:11 PM »
Looking good! Where'd you get that front grille assembly? I think I'm gonna be needing one too as mine is pretty cracked.

Offline MikeVanErt

• New folks
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2021, 03:56:44 PM »
Looking good! Where'd you get that front grille assembly? I think I'm gonna be needing one too as mine is pretty cracked.

Thank you!  I ordered it from LMC truck.  It's the black paintable reproduction one.  Shipping was more expensive than the part!  I bought everything new for the grille as well (hardware, headlights, parking lights, headlight buckets and adjusters, etc) as mine had been converted to a 2000 GMC front end before I bought it.  Here is the link...

https://www.lmctruck.com/1982-05-chevy-gmc/cst-1994-97-grille-and-comp-with-sealed-beam-headlights-for-chevrolet

Offline MikeVanErt

• New folks
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2021, 09:39:51 AM »
More progress this weekend.  Got the new rear-end cover installed and the differential filled with new AMSOIL 75w-90 Severe Gear.  Nice piece.  Probably not a necessary upgrade, but definitely falls into the cheap insurance side of the upgrade list.  Also was able to finish the final trimming on my front air dam and fabricate a bracket to mount the relays for my oil cooler, trans cooler and engine cooler fans.  I finished building the AN lines to my oil cooler thermostat and my main fuel line as well.  Waiting on a couple fittings to finish building the AN lines to my trans cooler thermostat, which should be here and done this weekend.  Only thing I have left after the trans cooler lines is to build my throttle cable and wire the relays for my fans and that should get me to the point where she is ready to get blown apart again so I can work on the motor, re-build the transmission, get the firewall sealed, mount the steering column and get going on body work and finishing the interior.