Author Topic: Cast iron flywheel rule  (Read 6409 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Cast iron flywheel rule
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2021, 11:50:09 AM »
Can a cast flywheel be machined to resemble a billet flywheel as per what the inspector sees?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2021, 11:59:02 AM »
Bo, inspectors can't see flywheels unless they come apart.  They are inside explosion proof bell housings... Like JD said, they ask what is in there and check it off... the penalty for lying could be a  leg, a foot or a bystander...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2021, 06:18:58 PM »
Bo, inspectors can't see flywheels unless they come apart.  They are inside explosion proof bell housings... Like JD said, they ask what is in there and check it off... the penalty for lying could be a  leg, a foot or a bystander...
I might also point out that the last time someone did something that could have caused harm to himself or others was a few years back when the competitor strapped concrete blocks into the nose of the car for ballast. Upon arrival at the crash seen the blocks were noticed strewn all about. The competitor was not injured but was barred from further competition with the SCTA for 5 years... Inspectors cannot see your flywheel, Proceed at your own risk...
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2021, 06:23:34 PM »
What could possibly go wrong??
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.