Author Topic: Lonnie Martin down  (Read 1660 times)

Offline mtiberio

• ElMo MPG1K 141, LTA MPF1K 137, ECTA MPG1K 118
Lonnie Martin down
« on: January 15, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
From Facebook:

Lonnie Martin was involved in a head on collision on Dec 21. His brother sent us the information below. Please keep Lonnie & his family in your prayers...

I am sending you this email at the request of my brother, Lonnie Martin.  On December 21 he was hit head on by a wrong way driver on 170th St in Palmdale which resulted in the death of the other driver. The highway was closed for several hours while the accident was investigated and Hazmat cleaned up. He sustained moderate injuries consisting of a fractured sternum and two ribs, abrasions to his right leg requiring stitches, and of course neck, shoulder and other bruises consistent with this type of traumatic incident. Fortunately he did not suffer any head injury. His beloved Silverado was totaled but did its job in saving his life.  Currently he is recuperating at my home in Clovis.

As far as we have been able to determine, the other driver was minimally insured so hopefully at least his hospital/doctor bills should be covered. It has been difficult to get too much information as the family of the other driver has not returned any phone calls from the insurance company.
As far as the injuries are concerned he is doing well. Unfortunately we have both gotten a "bug", hopefully not COVID, so still not feeling too well. I would have sent you this sooner but I had some trouble with Lonnie's computer and had to wait until I got home to send this.

Lana L Martin-Holmes