Author Topic: SCTA expired numbers  (Read 1915 times)

Offline olepaw

SCTA expired numbers
« on: January 02, 2021, 12:14:58 PM »
Hello, I just got a e-mail a day or two ago about expiring numbers. The shocking part to me is ,I counted 1147 numbers. Mine is one of them. I usually race with ECTA , first year they did not have a place to race. I then our team had some issues, as far as health and other things. That's  my excuse, but I just find it unreal that there are that many people or cars that have not run for three years.  Thanks Jim
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline desotoman

Re: SCTA expired numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 12:29:29 PM »
I believe there has been some new changes to keeping your current vehicle number in the future. As I understand the new rule, no more calling or emailing to keep your number. Your number must be used in the next three year period since being renewed or it will be up for grabs on the expired number list.  :-( :-( :-(

If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline olepaw

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 12:36:05 PM »
That's the rule it just seems like alot of expiring numbers to me.
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 04:50:26 PM »
You have to remember that you can run under multiple numbers at a meet.  If you're running gas and go for a fuel record, if you're running something "modified" and go back to production, if you change displacement, etc.  Most only change one digit in the number -- make a one a seven, etc.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records