Author Topic: FIM entry costs  (Read 2250 times)

Offline neandethal

FIM entry costs
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:20:30 PM »
hi folks,

Assuming i have had the vaccine and travel is back on, approximately how much is it to enter the FIM record class, i know AMA membership is $250, just trying to get my head around costs, and all previous links send me to the 2020 page with "TBD" on it cheers Ian

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
Re: FIM entry costs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 03:21:09 PM »
If I remember correctly (don't count on it) the 2019 event fees were more in the ballpark of $550 for AMA, $750 for FIM, $300 for Run Whatcha Brung. Additional $50 per person for weeklong pass, additional $50 to join AMA. Hopefully someone will correct any errors here.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 04:21:34 PM »
Two "hidden" costs to keep in mind are :-

If you are over 50yo, FIM require a comprehensive (heart) medical to accompany your licence application,,

Also, the latest FIM Certified  Helmet is required,,

First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to run SCTA SpeedWeek.  Plus you get to look at all the pretty cars.  As for records, there're 100s of Open ones.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 10:21:22 PM »
The FIM entry fee includes some insurance coverage.

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 07:15:41 AM »
Riders attempting FIM records will need to hold the appropriate FIM World Records riders licence and have start permission from their National Federation. If successful then there will be a fee to pay for ratification and certification of each record (at BMST that is a maximum of two - flying start kilometre and flying start mile).
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 10:42:02 AM »
The chances of getting a record make a lot of difference in the decision to pay the additional entry fee money, do more paperwork, and incur more medical exam costs.  The FIM has classes for single and twin cylinder engines.  This opens up opportunities for those engine configurations to compete for realistic record speeds within their capabilities.  Nitrous oxide is allowed in the naturally aspirated classes.  This gives more opportunity to those whose engines can use it.  These are some things to consider before making the choice.     

Offline neandethal

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 07:14:51 AM »
Thanks for all the replies, very helpful. jut need to get a covid jab and be allowed into the Country, have competed at SCTA a few times already, but the FIM records do have an appeal, cheers Ian