Author Topic: SCTA Meeting Last Night  (Read 2842 times)

landracing

SCTA Meeting Last Night
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:06:16 AM »
Anybody goto the rules meeting last night???

Curious to know what went on...

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: SCTA Meeting Last Night
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 11:05:31 AM »
Jon
I don't expect we will hear anything today. The new board is meeting at Lattins today to layout the next year plans and appointments. Being a new board I think everyone needs to give them a fair chance to present the LSR racers with their program.

The rules committee are hard at work putting the rule book together and making some wording changes to clarify certain items. I know everyone wants the book done and published ASAP and Dan and others are giving it 110% to make it happen.

I am sure we will hear something in the next couple of days on the Friday night meeting.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 12:22:08 PM »
I was there, but I will wait a few days untill I comment. I left at 10pm and they had only voted on 24 changes, I believe there were alot more to vote on and just before I left there was talk about resuming at the January meeting.
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 01:04:04 PM »
We were run out of the meeting place before we could complete the car rule change voting. We got through section 3 with sections 4 & 5 remaining. I had good input from the car people and was able to put together a 41 item agenda. This was boiled down from approx. 60 proposals discussed at the car rules meeting last month.

The final voting will take place at the Jan. 5th Board meeting. We have an unprecedented situation in that the new board will be in place and working on Jan. 1st. Traditionally, the current board is the final vote on rules changes. We'll have to see what compromise Mike Manghelli and Jim Lattin can come up with. The new board will be decided on today. I think we will see some of the same people remain in place as certain jobs have a board position as a part of their duties. I know Jim wants to bring new blood to the board so we may see some changes. The five elected board members selects the balance of the 17 person SCTA board.

The motorcycle chair was not prepared to present changes last night as Russ said that only a few of his 22 person committee had responded by the deadline. I won't name all who are on the committee and who didn't give input, you know who you are. I was actually copied on only on person's input. There were complaints in the recent past that the motorcycle entrants did not have input, now that the input was offered the response was less than spectatcular.

I have to go to work. I will post the changes that were finalized last night later today.

DW

landracing

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 01:25:10 PM »
Thats too bad Dan for the motorcycle guys...

I guess when you build a committee it should be compromised of people who WANT to be part of the process.. Maybe just not naming 22 people.. Im not sure how the selection process was for the 22 man team...

I volunteered my time and input, but was declined on the basis of the website (I guess some see the website as a Taboo)... And im one who WANTS to help, be apart of process... Maybe im to vocal... So ill stand back and complain a little... They asked for help and I volunteered but was then declined... Hmm...

Jon

dwarner

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 01:32:56 PM »
Jon,

Please check your PMs.

DW

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 03:39:10 PM »
get 'em jon, get 'em! :mrgreen:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 05:30:31 PM »
How would anybody ever know who was on the MC committee ?
That is not so with the car types who are represented by a number of people and while the level of their contributions varies, at least you know you they are and the rules proposals are presented in a timely fashion.
Follow the proper procedure and the proper result will follow.
I think the apparent lack of the now required forms seem to indicate a lack of faith.

"Failed by design or designed to fail?"
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline vette#128

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 07:04:04 PM »
Dang DW! Sounds like SCTA will have to raise dues to cover publishing costs of the new 18 Volumn  rulebook !! :-o  Seriously, thanks to all for the hard work........The new rulebook is probably the most eagerly awaited item in the racer's mail box each year.
Ed Van Scoy
Four Deuces
(Salt,Dirt & Pavement)