Author Topic: Anyone know who these people ibb photo  (Read 2790 times)

Offline ironwigwam

Anyone know who these people ibb photo
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:36:32 PM »
This is a cover from a Motorcyclist magazine from 1962 that shows Burt Munro on the starting line at Bonneville. Ever since I was 14 , I have admired this photo and its inspiration to me. The magazine never mentioned the other people in the photo. Can anyone place names to faces for me and other Indian motorcycle people. Thanks in advance.
  Rick

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Anyone know who these people ibb photo
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 11:14:32 AM »
The one on the left with the head set is Bob Higbee, chief starter. :-o
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline ironwigwam

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 06:14:18 PM »
Glem,
  Thanks for the info,  I kinda  thought that one was Bob Higbee. Luckily I got to meet him in person. I am thinking that Earl Flanders might be next to Bob and possibly Rollie Free on the other side.
  Rick

High Gear

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 09:24:50 PM »
Rick,

The guy way in the back, white tee shirt, bent down is Glen Lafollette. He was part of Burts US crew. He ran Guzies back then. He and I campained a few Hondas together in the 80's.

There are lots of pictures of these guys in the book.

Where have you been? How is the streamliner comming?

Gary

Offline ironwigwam

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 05:29:34 AM »
Gary,
   Thanks for another name. This is the one photo that I credit my desire to enter my name in the books right next to Bert's on S/G after I get my Bonneville drivers license this year using my VG engine.
   I can finally see the end of the transportataion issues that have been haunting me and can see my 4 lists becoming two small lists. I really have put your system to good use and have been able to see the end of a tunnel.
  Had a few disruptions this past year with close friends but everything is going well now.
  How have you been?
   Rick

High Gear

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 09:11:43 PM »
Rick,

Things are very normal at Team Arrow. We are all trying to get this years (2007) changes done. New turbo, new wheels, new struts, fix the body damage from the crash, etc. Same as every other year. Life is good when you have the teammates I have,

How about puting some pictures of your streamliner on the forum?

Gary

Offline ironwigwam

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 05:35:51 AM »
Gary,
    Thats a good idea about posting some PICS.
   Sure is nice to have a full crew in close surrounds.
   I am  going out of town for work for the next 10 days or so. When I come back I will bring the streamliner out of the bus and take some update PICS. Having the streamliner in the bus/transporter allows me my own private garage, a little tight but when welding is needed I can winch it out into the shop and work away.
   The bus/transporter has been the major problem child for my effort, its a lot further away than Detroit here in Pennasylvania.
  Rick