Author Topic: SpeedWeek 2020 -- the event itself!!  (Read 72328 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: SpeedWeek 2020 -- the event itself!!
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2020, 06:21:25 PM »
Post from Electraliner...
So here's the latest....
EV WEST turned the motor down to 40% hoping I wouldn't get the record....but I did.....now after we all packed up and left they went back with different driver they found days early to take my record away, giving the new driver 100% power.
Incredibly disappointing after I designed the whole car, frame, and built the body plus a dozen other things......
Oh well, I cant fix evil

After watching this video I would agree with you.

Tom G.

https://youtu.be/UZqhlcvI5vY
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2020, 06:41:36 PM »
   So Tom, isn't it EV Wests car. Roger designed and built it and drove to the record but they have someone else that was licensed drive it to a higher speed. The fellow that broke Rogers record didn't have to make any licence passes. Was Roger paid for building the car for EV West??? I can't see the point in not letting Roger get a record especially if he got it on lower BOOST :evil:

Offline JR529

« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2020, 08:41:10 PM »
I'm confused.

He did get the record, and he got a red hat. Then he left. Then the people that designed and paid for the entire electric driveline (it is an EV after all) and who own the car put another driver in who has high speed Bonneville Lakester and Streamliner experience and went even faster. Is that correct?

He still has his record and his red hat. Why the crying? I honestly don't understand. What am I missing? In that video damn near everyone working on the car has an EV West work shirt on.   

Offline Hot Rod Lincoln

• F/GC Record Holder 164.845
« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2020, 10:07:03 PM »
Any word on Ralph Hudson  ?

Fingers crossed and some prayers too.

Offline Hot Rod Lincoln

« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »
Post from Electraliner...
So here's the latest....
EV WEST turned the motor down to 40% hoping I wouldn't get the record....but I did.....now after we all packed up and left they went back with different driver they found days early to take my record away, giving the new driver 100% power.
Incredibly disappointing after I designed the whole car, frame, and built the body plus a dozen other things......
Oh well, I cant fix evil

After watching this video I would agree with you.

Tom G.

https://youtu.be/UZqhlcvI5vY

That would be just a tad bit disappointing.  Just a tad.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2020, 01:23:42 AM »
Unreal, a fellow competitor is in a critical condition, an all some care about is somewon spitting his dummy  :-(
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2020, 01:26:45 AM »
It seems like JR529's responds is logical to me. During testing a record speed of over 200 was achieved and a red hat awarded. :clap He will receive all that comes with that award. If another qualified driver drove the vehicle the 2 times it takes to a higher speed in the same week in the same vehicle the record is his as records are recorded at the end of the event...
It has happened many times but perhaps under different circumstances. I can make no comment concerning the original driver since there are no words here written by him. Personally I feel it's none of our business, especially the Associations.
Currently I am way more concerned with Ralph's injuries than this trival BS
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 04:18:37 PM by jimmy six »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2020, 04:45:41 AM »
My heartfelt best wishes go out for Ralph and his loved ones and I wish him a speedy and, most importantly, a complete recovery.

However, Jimmy I don't consider the current discussion trivial BS.  Calling another LSR team "Evil" based on ones complete misunderstanding begs to be clarified. And it doesn't serve the complainer well continuing on in ignorance.  I am still confused about post #177 by Wickedwagens just as others have stated. Hopefully, I can give a factual example that simplifies the issue.

I have seen on at least 2 occasions over 30 years, another competitor actually "give" another competitor a record. Let me clarify with an example!  Two cars run on the exactly same record on the same day. Same class, same engine, same everything. Just two different car numbers and drivers. They both qualify for the existing record. They both have to make a backup run the next morning. Normally you start your backup run from the position you line up in the morning. In both cases one of those cars was substantially faster than the other car. In one case the faster car was in line in front of the slower car in the morning and would have run first. They would have set an average faster than the other car could reach and therefore the slower car never would have been able to get a record. I saw the faster car tell the slower car to move ahead of him so the slower car could do their back up run first and set the record. (A class-act of sportsmanship you see in LSR all the time). 5 Minutes later the faster car ran and, of course, raised the record. Both cars go to inspection. Both cars get the paperwork for their new record. The only difference is the record that is standing at the end of the year is the one printed in the rule book. A record is a data point you reach in time before anyone else. Any moment after that someone can set a higher data point. Nobody is taking anything away from you at all. You both own your data points forever.

The other case the faster driver was told about the situation and purposely lined up toward the end of qualifying.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 04:48:41 AM by Saltfever »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2020, 08:25:19 AM »
Seth and I had a similar situation except I knew he most likely had a faster car but had problems at SW.  I had qualified at SW over 300 on 28" tires in direct but could not pull OD and got a 299.?? RH. On the way to WOS we happened to fuel at the same place and I jokingly asked him if I need to enter in fuel class.--His response was light hearted --"No not necessary, you better just back in that truck and make sure that you get there first every day".  I made sure that I did.  My 305.?? AA/GL hat record lasted one day.  I think they wanted to set the record above what my exit speed of 309  was, so they pulled out of the backup and re-qualified  backed it up the next day for a 314 record.  I came home and started building a new car, I had to have a cleaner car or more HP or both.  Hard to believe that that was 12 years ago.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:35:27 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2020, 08:34:15 AM »
My heartfelt best wishes go out for Ralph and his loved ones and I wish him a speedy and, most importantly, a complete recovery.

However, Jimmy I don't consider the current discussion trivial BS.  Calling another LSR team "Evil" based on ones complete misunderstanding begs to be clarified. And it doesn't serve the complainer well continuing on in ignorance.  ...
The other case the faster driver was told about the situation and purposely lined up toward the end of qualifying.

My reading is that one half of the team (and the original driver) is calling the other half of his own team "evil".

In this case, it appears unlikely that the first driver was even told that the second driver existed?

As related in various articles, the plan is to follow the Electraliner Lakester with the Electraliner Streamliner to attack the all-out electric record.  Be interesting to see if Hickey Speed build that ...

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2020, 10:47:43 AM »
I'm confused.

He did get the record, and he got a red hat. Then he left. Then the people that designed and paid for the entire electric driveline (it is an EV after all) and who own the car put another driver in who has high speed Bonneville Lakester and Streamliner experience and went even faster. Is that correct?

He still has his record and his red hat. Why the crying? I honestly don't understand. What am I missing? In that video Dodge near everyone working on the car has an EV West work shirt on.   

Why are you confused?  Roger and his so called team built that car in 90 days with the intent on him driving.  The so called team then set out to look for another monkey without telling Roger about it?  Roger is a big part of the team and they do this to him?  Are you still confused?

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2020, 12:09:10 PM »
Spot the difference.  :clap   :clap   :dhorse:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 12:11:48 PM by TrickyDicky »

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2020, 12:13:17 PM »
It won't let me have both pictures in one post.   :oops:  :-(

Offline Hot Rod Lincoln

« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2020, 12:25:53 PM »

However, Jimmy I don't consider the current discussion trivial BS.  Calling another LSR team "Evil" based on ones complete misunderstanding begs to be clarified. And it doesn't serve the complainer well continuing on in ignorance.  I am still confused about post #177 by Wickedwagens just as others have stated. Hopefully, I can give a factual example that simplifies the issue.

"Evil"  is a pretty strong word.

There must be some bad bad  blood there. Or the TEAM really didn't think all that much of him after the FACT

Offline Hot Rod Lincoln

« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2020, 12:27:51 PM »
Spot the difference.  :clap   :clap   :dhorse:

If a picture is worth a 1,000 words.