Author Topic: Salt Dreams  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Cword

• http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mdsiewer
Salt Dreams
« on: November 30, 2006, 12:11:07 PM »
The photo book "Salt Dreams" by By Jimmy and Dena Katz arrived in my mailbox yesterday.
It's a collection of photographs of various activities that take place on the flats. Primarily rocketry and LSR though.  The pictures are beautiful and it'll be gracing my coffee table for a while.

I really got a laugh out of the title of one picture though. "Man with brown car"  is Model T Steve with his Stupid Car.  I couldn't help but think of his window sticker "It it's brown, flush it" when I saw the title.

I got the book through Amazon, for any one interested you can see more about it here

Mike
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:13:01 PM by Cword »
Mike Siewert
North of 49 Crew
 1149 B/STR

dwarner

Re: Salt Dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:59:27 PM »
I remember them. Jim Knapp and I left the Barnyard Bomber on the starting line one night in preparation for the next morning's runs. Jimmy and Dena, they are from Manhattan, were taking photos of the car and Knapp asked Jimmy if he wanted to sit in it. Well, he climbs in and is looking around, Knapp reaches in and hits the starter button. This guy freaks out, waving arms, big eyes, the whole deal. His wife is jumping around - it was really funny.

Remember I mentioned they live in Manhattan, NY so cars are sort of foreign to them. One of his shots is used in Fast Honda Jim's avatar.

DW

ModelTSteve

Re: Salt Dreams
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:58:57 PM »
Just think, if it was Jessie Jackson it would have been brown man with brown car! They were way down the salt at about the last pits walking, no car, it was about 7:00 am and I was just looking for trash to start cleaning up the salt. They had lots of questions, we talked for a long time and then asked it they could take my picture.