Author Topic: support  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
support
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:41:21 PM »
just to let everyone know how much this web site means to all of us LSR people. Jon has worked very hard to give us the best way to get and give information regarding our sport. We have met and made many new friends over the years and Jon kept everyone updated with all of his trips to the salt when we couldn' t be there. I for one will buy Jon a dinner at speedweek this year. The bend in the road party has grown
in size and the people we can't find in the pits can be found there.
Jon a special thanks for all you do for us.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline promachine

Re: support
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:50:48 AM »
I come here allmost every day to check up on you guys, thanks Jon :-D
Dirty 2 driver-nitro junkie-H.P. peddler

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: support
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »
Glen, you should plan on taking Jon to dinner at a buffet.  Have you ever seen how much that guy can eat?  You'd go broke trying to fill him up off a regular menu.

Speaking of Salt Talks, Nancy and I have made the decision that (assuming we have the chance) we'll do Salt Talks a little bit differently this year -- we'll not have race vehicles at SpeedWeek, and that'll mean that we can spend lots of time Sunday setting up for ST -- getting the charcoal started plenty early, and so on.  Maybe I'll start a thread on Salt Talks to gather input from everyone on whatever we really oughta have at the annual Land Speed Racer Gathering.

Yeah, that's what I'll eventually do.  Not now, though -- I'm going to go back and check out some more of the features of the new system.  Thanks, Jon, for the comment about newest posts.  I use landracing.com as the start-up page on my 'puter -- so with that feature I can see right away "what's going on today".

Last comment for now:  To everyone, don't forget that one positive way to let Jon know that you appreciate his work is to send MONEY.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com