Author Topic: Towing Insurance  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Towing Insurance
« on: December 05, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
Has anyone had any luck securing trailer insurance which covers the contents (race car) while in tow?  Just looking for some feedback.
 thanx, Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Towing Insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »
Yes -- I have insurance on the race bike that covers it for just about everything -- as long as the igniton isn't on, so to speak.  That is - fire, theft, vandalism, trailer breaking loose and yee-hahing over the cliff, and so on...just not while the bike is in operation.  I get the coverage through my local agency, but it's the same company that's on the inside front cover of the rulebook.

I pay $1000/year for $35,000 coverage for the bike, and there's coverage for tools, the trailer, even t-shirts that I might have with to sell at the races.  Motorsport Insurance Services is the company -- there might be others out there that will provide some coverage.  I know there's another firm - that covers vintage vehicles only (my bike is an '00, too new for this other firm).

They send you an application where you can list not just the race vehicle but all those other extras -- then they give you a quote, and then you can back out a few bucks worth of the tools or the shirts or whatever is inside and they'll requote, maybe at a lower price.

As long as you don't roll it up in a ball, you've got coverage.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »
Thanx Slim, Thats exactly what I wanted to hear.  Every time a big rig passes me near Jackpot, Nevada, I think about my entire life saving, along with VISA's flying off the road.  Anyone else have anything?
Bob Drury

Ken Walkey

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »
Motor Sports Insurance, listed on inside cover of the SCTA rule book. Talk to Bob, he covers us for just that very same thing. He also covers SCTA/BNI for the events.

Ken Walkey

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »
PS-Phone 310-301-0333/Fax 310-578-1309
 Motorsports Insurances Services-Bob Leggio
 12240 Venice Blvd., Suite 30
 Los Angeles, CA. 90066

www.motorsports-insurance.com