Misc Forums > How To Section

Just a reminder...

(1/5) > >>

floydjer:
Yes, I know better..But baggy sweatshirts and a running lathe are a bad combination.  Got some bruises, a little missing skin and a rather stylish friction burn where the spinning metal rubbed along my  arm while I reached for the power switch.  Happened REALLY fast.   End of lecture. :oops:

Lemming Motors:
Ouch, I do sympathise and it sounds like you got lucky.

I made the mistake of using a wire brush attachment on an angle grinder with engineers gloves instead of leather gauntlets.

Stainless1:
Watch the long tailings as well... they can leave a mark if they catch on the chuck and start whipping

Peter Jack:
And never wear gloves while operating around larger rotating machinery such as a drill press, lathe or mill. I don't have a picture but I have seen the results. I always cringe when I see someone holding a piece of material with a gloved hand while operating a drill press. Things happen really quickly.

As an aside I get a haircut every three or so years. I usually happens after I'm working on the lathe and I start imagining what might happen if my ponytail gets caught up in the turning. That would be a really uncomfortable way to get scalped.  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pete

floydjer:
I`m just happy I was running my lowly 13X60 Southbend and not the 16X84 Monarch with it`s 7 h.p. motor...You guy`s would start calling me " Lefty"..And we don`t want that. :roll:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version