Author Topic: Speed TV Coverage  (Read 22574 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Speed TV Coverage
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2006, 12:03:10 PM »
I imagine that the best way we can say THANK YOU to Dick Lague for his marvelous presentation from BUB is by contacting Speed TV.

National Geographic is one thing. They are in business to present new and unheard of situations to the viewing public and their coverage of LSR is commendable, but....... Speed Week was quite a while ago and so far their documentary has not aired.

BUB meet was later than Speed Week. It was filmed on speculation. No big company bankrolled it. It turns out to be a presentation of love for the racers, the event, the geographic location and depicts the dedication of three teams who also are privateers.

Apparently it takes a privateer to understand the dedication of racers. Dick sure as hell meets all of the requirements.

Tomorrow will be the finale of this event. Now we can all hold our breath as we wait for his next presentation. It's gonna be a tough act to follow but Bruce Brown, another pioneer privateer, accomplished it with his surfing movies. Dick will again mesmerize us after he cleans all the salt out of his cameras.

Damn, at least I hope he does...........

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2006, 12:10:13 PM »
Darn, I was traveling last weekend and missed it. However a lot of people took great pleasure in telling me that they saw it and how great it was. Hopefully there will be a rerun.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2006, 10:31:19 AM »
Richard and others, parts 1 & 2 will repeat on 12-29-06 at 3:00pm eastern time according to the speed channel programing. Hope those that missed part 1 can catch up and tape both.
Glen  :-D :-) :-o
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

landracing

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 05:38:21 PM »
I dont know about you guys. But the second half of the show was great.

Not only did the hair stand up on my arms during both shows.. But the second half of the show was pretty emotional to me. Luckily I was watching by myself. Watching same show up, get to the line, get in the liner, getting it going by himself and watching it cross the salt, and then the tire goes on him. Then hearing his reaction, was very emotional for me...

WE ALL LOVE YOU SAM.... Hope he gets a tire situation figured out... Hope somebody watching the show can step up.... Like Chevy or Chrysler... since Denis Has Ford maybe there can be some marketing there...

I wish I could fast forward time and stop it right before the BUB meet next year....

Jon

Offline Freud

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2006, 05:46:14 PM »
I guess it's OK for me to get chicken skin and a huge lump in my throat if it affected Jon the way he confessed.

What a treat....sit in a warm room and watch this unfold, in an hour, on a day with dark sky and drizzle.

Wouldn't Don have had a great time watching them? He would probably have gone home and built a new piece.  The tribute to him was SO classy.

i'm almost done tearing up,

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
We are lucky to know them and those like Don Vesco who is no longer with us. We are around a special breed regardless of how many wheels are on the ground. Great achivements by all. Three cars trying for FIA records and three motorcycles for FIM and only one of each group came away with a record. LSR is still the greatest motor sport in my book.
I am a happy person and only wish I had been there to see it live. Next time it will happen. :-D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:16:29 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2006, 06:09:18 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!!

I sent a thank you message to Speed Channel following episode 1. Will send another reply to them now. Part 2 was even better than Part 1. Dave Despain did a fantastic job as host/narrator too. Always like listening to him!

Congratulations to all involved, race teams, production company, Speed Ch., et. al. for the great "eye candy"!

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2006, 06:18:03 PM »
WOW! I really enjoyed that. What a great tribute to all those involved. Wish I could have been there in person. But the film was fantastic.

Offline t russell

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2006, 06:24:39 PM »
Speed done 1 hell of a job,Im not a bike guy but racin is racin :-D

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »
Amen to the above.  Great show!!!  The word stunning springs to mind.  All winners, no losers!!!!!
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Xea

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 12:03:20 PM »
Mr. Lague, how many hours of footage was shot to produce the program? Is there a way to obtain a copy of the show as seen on Speed Chanel in DVD format?
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »
XEA, DVD should be out sometime after the 1st of the year. I know Jon will lets us know. Another great part of LSR history.
Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Xea

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »
Any chance of see what hit the cutting room floor?
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

RPL

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »
Hit the cutting room floor........well.......We shot 60 hours BEFORE the Bub event!  Maybe 10 minutes of that got in the final show.  We also have hours of archives.  And then maybe 40 hours shot at the Bub event.

It is one thing to have footage and another thing to tell an exciting story.

We are putting together our DVD plan now and deciding what to add and what should be bonus material. 

We will keep you all posted.

thanks for all you positive comments and support.

Dick

landracing

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 09:00:50 PM »
Dick,

I would like an uncut, unrated version please...

I know there were some bleeps, I would like a copy without... Fun times...

Jon