Author Topic: Speed TV Coverage  (Read 22573 times)

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Re: Speed TV Coverage
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 08:47:39 PM »
and as my other post says, send them some feedback...

http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

Offline Freud

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »
Mike.....you did a great job. I liked the way the coverage represented you.

Bless Rockey

Glenn Freudenberger

FREUD
Since '63

Offline ack

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 08:57:44 PM »
good coverage. even a few small digs by a "former" bike guy at the car guys :-D
does anyone know if this program will be available as a DVD?

I understand there will be a longer version DVD coming out also a book.  Dick Lague told me they had 160 hours of great high def video but they had to edit it down to two 46-minute segments for the time slots allocated.  I am told Speed will definitely be back next year.  Dick also told me that if you want to see more Bonneville coverage to email Speed and tell them you liked the program.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 09:30:10 PM »

I understand there will be a longer version DVD coming out also a book.  Dick Lague told me they had 160 hours of great high def video but they had to edit it down to two 46-minute segments for the time slots allocated.  I am told Speed will definitely be back next year.  Dick also told me that if you want to see more Bonneville coverage to email Speed and tell them you liked the program.

I e-mailed them :-), and it was all good.  Let us know if you see anything more about the DVD and/or book.

Watching the program near the end where you were making the second return run even though I knew the outcome I found myself thinking maybe it will be different and Rocky will lay down a 350 :-).

In the end when the dust (salt) settles in a year or two I think Ack Attack and you guys will be holding the record that will be there for a while again :-).

c ya,

Sum

RPL

Re: worlds fastest motorcycle
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 10:23:15 PM »
YES, Write to SPEED and have all your friends write to SPEED.  This story is not finished yet and we need to have it on the air next year as well.
Dick

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 10:49:51 PM »
I thought the show was great too. Congrats to the three featured teams. Scott Guthrie, you came across very well! They need you for more commentary on future shows.

I still don't think that those streamliners are MOTORCYCLES though. They need to be in a whole new category.

Don Pearsall
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

landracing

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 02:16:20 AM »
I just watched the show for the third time... I still have chills about the show... It was great.. Going to watch it again... It is a great story for far, the video is great, the commentary is great...

Great job to all involved...

The most priceless part of the show is Denis Manning traveling to the end without a radio... land of the unkown, speculating, and the comment "they must be Ack fans."....

Im just so excited and it is great...

RPL who just joined the board was part of the video production on the show... I hope you could give us some video for the website, great job Dick and sons for doing the video...

Jon

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 07:55:33 AM »
     Great job by Speed, Dave, and the production crew.  [Have submitted my request to Speed for more LSR coverage].

A big THANK YOU to Ack, Dennis, Sam, and crews for taking time from the job at hand to share the experience with us.

Excellent commentary Scott.  Hope the BH and AH comments don't bring on requests for more classes.  JUST KIDDING!  First thing I thought of when I heard them, got a big chuckle, and have to relay my thoughts as I saw/heard the show.

Max being among the first to offer congratulations did not go unoticed........., Dave C showed the true spirit of LSR class in passing the torch......

Looking forward to next week and more LSR coverage in the future.

Offline Xea

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »
Jon, Do you combine like topics? I posted in two different threads, but now both posts are together.... :?
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

landracing

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 11:57:53 AM »
Yes if two threads have same content, im trying to combine them so we dont get two different threads started and going. Trying to keep it cleaner. Both threads were commenting on the same show and posting their thoughts I thought it be best to keep it in one thread.

Jon

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 12:56:51 PM »
I emailed them but I have a question. Do you really think it helps our cause to refer to them as Greed TV? Theres a good chance that they might read this as well. Just my opinion anyway

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »
Yes if two threads have same content, im trying to combine them so we dont get two different threads started and going. Trying to keep it cleaner. Both threads were commenting on the same show and posting their thoughts I thought it be best to keep it in one thread.

Jon

good. thought I had too much to drink yesterday.
now I see it simply wasnt enough. :-D

Offline sirstude

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 03:17:03 PM »
I also greatly enjoyed the coverage, and did write Speed.  I was working in the shop with the coverage going.  What more can a guy ask or, but Bonneville coverage while working on his hotrod.

Doug
Doug Strong

Hooley (974) lets me work on his car.

Offline Xea

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »
 :-D
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 12:37:03 AM »

I understand there will be a longer version DVD coming out also a book.  Dick Lague told me they had 160 hours of great high def video but they had to edit it down to two 46-minute segments for the time slots allocated.  I am told Speed will definitely be back next year.  Dick also told me that if you want to see more Bonneville coverage to email Speed and tell them you liked the program.

Mike,

awesome show and congrats to the entire team!! is the book the one Rocky wrote?

J