Author Topic: Bonneville 200 MPH Club Elections  (Read 4766 times)

Offline Pat Kinne / Salt201

• Global Moderator
Bonneville 200 MPH Club Elections
« on: November 14, 2006, 02:45:47 PM »
BONNEVILLE 200 MPH CLUB ELECTIONS 2006

It is voting time for CLUB MEMBERS and the ballots and nominee statements will be in the mail soon.  The elections this year are very important for a number of reasons.  The most important is that our President Roy Fjastad is stepping down after 6 years and letting someone else take the reins.  

My name is Pat Kinne and more than just asking members for your vote, I am asking that you vote for a slate of men that have  demonstrated a desire to actually put in the time and effort the offices require.  Kenny Hoover, Dan Warner,  Earl Wooden and Roy Fjastad are running for Club Officers - Scott Guthrie, J.D. Tone, Joe Timney and I are running for Board Membership.

For those that are long time members, I am sure you recognize the great improvements in how the Bonneville 200 MPH Club operates. In the late 1990’s our Club was in a very sad state, Roy Fjastad brought together a group of racers that felt the time had come to change the way the 2 Club was being managed.  A new Board of Directors was elected in 1999 and we set out to regain the lost prestige and pride of membership that the Bonneville 200 MPH Club once held.

When we came to office, our Club had no financial reserves, a couple of shoe boxes of business records, an extremely poor relationship with SCTA/BNI, and even more important - no member accountability.  Today we are in excellent financial condition with proper checks & balances in place, and we have a great working relationship with the SCTA/BNI Officers. The On the Salt New Member Induction at the 200 MPH Club Booth has become a new tradition of photo taking and celebration. The Annual New Member Induction Dinner in Wendover has  become one of the highlights of Speed Week and once again the men and women of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club wear their Red Hats with pride.

For the newer members who may not know the men listed above,
be assured that these racers have demonstrated that they will
actively work for the Club’s benefit within the BNI/SCTA and the Bonneville 200 MPH Club.

[/b]

• Global Moderator
Club Elections
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:42:15 PM »
It has been suggested by a current candidate as a new idea that the Bonneville 200 MPH Club support a gathering outside of So Cal and Bonneville.  This is not a fresh idea.  A “Season Opening” get together has been proposed and is being worked on since the on the Salt Meeting in August. The current thought is to incorporate the opening ECTA event at Maxton as a viable option for a meeting place.  Members Keith Turk, Joe Timney and Scott Guthrie are working towards this end and the Club will be providing whatever support is necessary.

Offline Freud

Location for Meeting
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:35:34 PM »
I will provide a room for the group that are responsible for the necessary decisions at the Bonneville Northwest Reunion, February 17th, 2007 in Portland, Oregon.
Last year we had 20% of the people who had qualified as members of the 300 MPH chapter of the 200 MPH Club in attendance.

If you are interested, contact me at fotofreud@AOL.com

You might even enjoy the function.......others do.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

Location for Meeting
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 11:36:02 PM »
I will provide a room for the group that are responsible for the necessary decisions at the Bonneville Northwest Reunion, February 17th, 2007 in Portland, Oregon.
Last year we had 20% of the people who had qualified as members of the 300 MPH chapter of the 200 MPH Club in attendance.

If you are interested, contact me at fotofreud@AOL.com

You might even enjoy the function.......others do.

FREUD
Since '63

• Global Moderator
2 Club at the ReUnion
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »
Freud - It would be great to have a gathering in the Northwest for our Members.  With an active group participating in you party each year it should be no porblem to have a few of our Red Hat (and Blue) guys step up and organize something - a project like this needs input from those that will attend (same goes for the East Coast bunch) let us know wht is needed to insure "a good time is had by all" Someone step up and start the ball rolling - Pat Kinne

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
2 Club get-togethers
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 11:56:56 AM »
I'll probably be at the ECTA opener -- so you can mark me down as having offered to help in any way needed.  I'll carry both my Green and Red hats with me.

Nancy and I are hoping to make it to the NW Reunion in February, too -- so if there's something that we can do from this end for that meeting -- again, let me know.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Bonneville 200
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 12:06:29 PM »
Pat
I think having a 200 club meeting at the NWLSR banquet would be great. As we have many members from the north west they might get a better idea how things work and how BNI works with them. I have co-hosted this Banquet with DR.Freud since the 1st one. It is a great gathering and attended by many of us from the south land as well.

When it was 1st brought up and I was ask to be the guest speaker we had no idea how well it would turn out the next 5 years. There have been side trips to Marlo's shop and to the Evergreen Air and Space museum just a few miles away. Each year it grows in size and the relaxing manner prior to the party and great dinner is worth waiting all day for.

The guest speakers in the past were always enjoyed by the crowd. I think having the Bonneville 200 mph club will draw even more from the area.
Hope you give it consideration and join us at the gathering in Feb.2007

Glen :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 12:43:05 PM »
"The guest speakers in the past were always enjoyed by the crown."

WOW!!!!!

If the Queen of Englend has a good time it must be the "Event of the Year"

DW

Offline DallasV

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 09:29:04 PM »
Hello all,
I am writing this because most of what Mr. Kinne is saying on this thread is to undermine my father (Larry Volk) in running for President of the 2-club. I in no way am writing this to be malicious, but I know the thousands and thousands of hours my father has put into trying to better this sport and I can not sit by and watch someone trying to set him up for failure. As most of the members know the current regime of the club are just playing musical chairs, running to rotate into different positions. Mr. Kinne is in this circle of friends so I understand why he is politicking so hard for them and I don?t hold it against him, he?s just being a good friend. So I will take this opportunity to be a good son.
   My father was nominated during speedweek by Fred Dannenfelzer and was surprised but honored to run. Before the ballots are sent out the candidates are asked to send in an information sheet on their accomplishments and why they would be a good candidate. So far everything Mr. Kinne has wrote about is, nearly word for word, is directly related to what my father stated in his information sheet. I?m not sure how Pat got this information prior to the ballots being sent out and I am not sure why he is using that information as campaign fodder, but that?s something for another thread at another time.
   Like I stated earlier I do not want this message to be considered malicious but after all it is my father, and I know most of you are aware of what he has done for this sport. So in closing I would like all of the 200 MPH club members to please consider this. Do not believe everything you read. Ignore what Mr. Kinne is saying, for that matter ignore what I am saying and vote for the person that you think is best for the position they are running for and what?s best for the club.
   Lastly, I would like to thank Jon for giving us this forum to pass information like this on. This was not possible just a few years ago. Once again ?Props? to Jon. I?ll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline highboy honey

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 10:18:48 PM »
Amen brother!!!  I have nothing against Pat Kinne, Kenny Hoover or any other person running for the Bonneville 200MPH club office.  In fact I think any of the candidates would do a great job.  However, I do think the preemptive attacks being taken are unnecessary and are very transparent.

Allison
"Yes, I really am in the Bonneville 200MPH Club"

• Global Moderator
2 Club Elections
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:41:35 AM »
Dallas and Allison - I have no vendetta against your Dad - He is and has been one of the hard working people trying to preserve LSR.  As a matter of fact he inducted me into the Club in 1990. As you guys say we all get along quite well.  Should he win the President's job I will support him as needed or requested.  The thoughts expressed were mine and mine alone.
                             I received my Candidate Statement Sheet and Ballot and posted my comments the same day. I am only guilty of spending too much time on the damn computor. Pat Kinne

Offline DallasV

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »
It's all good Pat, Just wanted the folks to see both sides of the coin.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.