Author Topic: the electronic age and the SCTA  (Read 21179 times)

dwarner

the electronic age and the SCTA
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 11:39:56 AM »
No

No

Mabe 10 years max.

DW

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 11:51:55 AM »
Lets see here, in a recent post Jon A says he has no brother, and now Joe A says his motion is seconded by his brother.  Could these two be from Arkansas where everyone is a cousin, or have these two ever met?  Bikers, you got to love em...............
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
the electronic age
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »
Bob.
Joe lives in the frozen north (Rapid City) Jon lives in the frozen area of Denver, they still deliver mail by dog sled and they deny knowing each other if it's in there favor. But they look a lot alike so maybe.........
guess we will let JonBoy or Jimmy JoeBob answer for us. 8)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
The good news is
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 11:41:49 PM »
They have a brother in San Diego, so there is hope. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline joea

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 11:48:30 PM »
actually El Cajon.........ya know.....the
really fast ones are from El Cajon........

I was just in Denver over the weekend.......some
of Jacks kinfolk there..........

and by the way........it was mid 60's in Denver
and here in Rapid City SD.......:)

now where were we with Freud in this whole deal.....??

the guys who dont know electronic media well are... bothered
those who do understand the finer points are ready to help........

lets keep it moving......

Joe :)

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 01:16:14 AM »
Not too much of what is in 3-6 is in the rulebook right? All the stuff I research when asked about the past or such has none of 3-6. People call for pics all the time and I send them to other sources. I've never heard of #6 ever being done, and I've held multiple records...Good luck with the CD. After the first one all his buddies will get one for free.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Snail

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »
There's a bit of Burt Munroe in all of us...I'd take a CD if there's a pic of me in it...who do I send the money to?

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 03:12:15 PM »
bbb: there are many historians, it just depends on what you want to know. Are there results available for Bonneville and El Mirage. Yes. They are in private collections which were aquired over many years. I have priviliage to look at one every week.

If some one needs info on a old car or what their grandfather, father, uncle, etc. did it can be found. A replacement trophy, cert, timing tag, etc: forget it. A copy of the page where your dad ran in 1952, sure no sweat.

We are not a bunch of meanies and paper is a good thing. Save your old stuff. Look what Jack Mickelson's 1946/7 stuff went for on E-Bay last week. Nice pictures but I don't have $1000+ to spend that way. $800 for Pith helmet? wow.....J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »
its only business; one from which I stand to gain nothing but knowledge and history.

the things you mention you cant get from the past... now have a way to be preserved in the now so that when your grandson wants to find out what the trophy or plaque looked like I won in 2007, he would have a way to research it and appreciate it.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 05:12:03 PM »
bbb: The SCTA moved about every 3 or 4 years sometimes longer so nothing was kept. Thanks to a few we have a way to look them up..Lucky for us, some collected or found copies of programs, results etc.

But like I said "private" Thay have no reason to copy them to anything and I don't blame them. Every few years in this day and age a 'new' lectronic system become the norm and the saved stuff is hard to read or can't be. So paper is best.

Since you want your grandson to ba able to look up what something looked like maybe you had better start saving the results on the internet right now. They are there for the last few years. As for me I will print a copy and save it right along with all the old mimeograph copies from the past. My grandson won't have that problem he will just walk into his dad's garage and look at the pictures on the wall and look at the trophies on the shelf.

I'm not like the others I have never thrown anything like that away. Good Luck but I wouldn't rely on any one to do something like that for me.

Offline bbb

• JorNic Motorsports
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 12:05:57 AM »
best of luck with your racing next year.
consider this inquiry "lost interest."

dwarner

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 08:20:52 AM »
"best of luck with your racing next year.
consider this inquiry "lost interest.""

Well, in that case I will not pursue the rulebook to cd project. bbb, you were the spark plug for the thread, appears the wire fell off.

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
the electronic
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 09:59:18 AM »
Sure glad that Jack, JD and I have saved and collected for years for our kids and grandkids have the real history not a plastic disk. With what we have we could start a museum.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 10:12:41 AM »
All-What I look at is not mine even though I contributed some to it. Like  I say each time it's a privilege

Jim M. is compiling a lot of stuff, thousands of pictures from private collections which is great...

I believe some of the other collections were for personal gain. These probably won't pan out because I (we) look this stuff up for free.

Jack D's memory is like a steel trap and mine is like a flushing toilet so I need the paper. (not for wipping)...J.D.

Offline bbb

• JorNic Motorsports
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 01:30:28 PM »
dan,

I see it this way;

2-3 gentleman who have the preverbial ball have no interest in sharing with the masses and have said as much. progress muted.

more than 1,100 views to this thread and only 28 posts by a handful of the same people. either people have an interest in seeing what may come of it because they want information more easily accessible to them or its the deadwood of the scta looking in to see if their accumulated history is safely protected to paper and tangible product.