Author Topic: Bockscar 2.0  (Read 466897 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Bockscar 2.0
« Reply #1305 on: July 22, 2022, 10:56:29 PM »
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #1306 on: July 23, 2022, 09:16:50 AM »
Nearly as much fun as not having children. :naughty
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1307 on: July 31, 2022, 08:16:35 PM »
OK, been a little busy around here.... 2nd new turbo now has water cooling, an oil pressure regulator... no restrictor on the oil.  We ran a final E85 run, then switched to Gas.... I bushed the throttle bodies for the 850s, well then I found there was a step in the 650's that wouldn't go in.... so I just assembled another set for gas... it will make gas to fuel class easier if we get that far.  Did a pull on Gas...
The car is on the trailer, been mixing E85, going to start sorting tools and boxes next.  It's been the normal Bonneville Thrash...
gotta love it  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #1308 on: August 07, 2022, 11:55:46 AM »
Arrived and passed tech... the extra "do nothing" bar on the cage made everyone happy.  All else was same as last year... Prepped to run.... by now you know the rest of the story... It rained hard again last night.... camera on the salt showing standing water again... the BNI sales trailer is moved to the bend so folks can buy stuff.... I'll go out and get team programs and stuff in a bit. 
I doubt there will be track enough to allow us the speeds we need to beat from last year... I guess we will see...  :cry:
Stainless

Offline Tman

« Reply #1309 on: August 07, 2022, 02:10:44 PM »
Arrived and passed tech... the extra "do nothing" bar on the cage made everyone happy.  All else was same as last year... Prepped to run.... by now you know the rest of the story... It rained hard again last night.... camera on the salt showing standing water again... the BNI sales trailer is moved to the bend so folks can buy stuff.... I'll go out and get team programs and stuff in a bit. 
I doubt there will be track enough to allow us the speeds we need to beat from last year... I guess we will see...  :cry:

I looked back a few pages but could not find this bar you are refering to?

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #1310 on: August 07, 2022, 04:34:27 PM »

Try around reply #1107 on page 74.

Offline Tman

« Reply #1311 on: August 08, 2022, 12:53:11 PM »

Try around reply #1107 on page 74.

Thanks! I see that and remember it now. This is the first time I have EVER heard of this interpretation of the cage.

"The SCTA does not have a design requirement for the cage structure and no cage structure can be considered safe.
The rules only give minimum requirements for material and sizes for the tubing. All cages where the hoop tubes do not run continuous to the bottom rail must have at a minimum 5 tubes attaching to the shoulder bar.
This is the requirements of the rules and has nothing to do with the strength of the design. Showing with analysis that the  cage design is strong is not required as there is no rule to compare it to."

My interrupted rear tubes are sure going to muddy the waters in tech!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 12:59:44 PM by Tman »

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #1312 on: August 08, 2022, 03:08:15 PM »
Pre -emptive strike for friday....So Bob...The inspector passed the bar? :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #1313 on: August 10, 2022, 11:23:13 PM »
Jerry...  :friday LOL
We're back home cleaning up... I don't expect to have a great course if we have any course later this year... but I will wait till about a week before WoS before I prep for that one.  I'll swap in the 3/4... if they have a usable course.... I wonder if my sealed gas tank will work OK for gas class...
Stainless

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1314 on: August 11, 2022, 03:17:33 PM »
Optimistic, eh?  Give Mike Kaehny a call at six61-714-3109.

(He goes by the book -- it's refreshing!)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #1315 on: August 20, 2022, 10:58:20 PM »
Well Stan, I guess we will see what happens... either way I have 3 gallons in my sealed tank in the car and 2 gallons in a sealed container....  I hope I get the chance to use it...
I plan to change engines in the Bockscar when we race again this year... the 1 liter is now planned for SpeedWeek 2023 so I'll swap in the 3/4 when someone declares there is a course before either of the next meets.

I moved all the streamliner stuff to a new 3.0 Streamliner thread....
Stainless

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #1316 on: August 25, 2022, 11:37:32 PM »
Can't race so I decided to drag the Bockscar to the Tyler Harvey Memorial Car Show in Potwin, Kansas this Saturday.  I generally let kids of all ages sit in the car...
I printed 100 4x6 pics to give to kids after they sit in the car... my goal is to run out.
The original Bockscar hosted kids under 1 on parent's lap all the way to 92
:cheers:
Stainless

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1317 on: August 26, 2022, 02:20:50 PM »
Can't race so I decided to drag the Bockscar to the Tyler Harvey Memorial Car Show in Potwin, Kansas this Saturday.  I generally let kids of all ages sit in the car...
I printed 100 4x6 pics to give to kids after they sit in the car... my goal is to run out.
The original Bockscar hosted kids under 1 on parent's lap all the way to 92
:cheers:

I do the same thing at car shows. I let kids sit on the door sill of my car so that they can have their parents take their picture. After they sit down, I hand them the removable steering wheel and say "Look like you're going real fast". The kids enjoy it and they don't hurt anything, so why not?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #1318 on: August 29, 2022, 03:05:13 PM »
Ross and I had a great time at the Tyler Harvey Memorial Car Show.... I was told Tyler started a car show during the Potwin Watermelon Festival about 12 years ago... first one with 12 cars.  After his death his brother renamed and continued the show.   This year there were 116 cars and motorcycles registered....  all proceeds going to a college and car fund for Tyler's 2 daughters, the oldest is 5 I think.  There was a 50/50 raffle that drew for several prizes, I think the $450 money winner donated it back to the girls... its a small town. 
We had well over 100 kids of all ages in the car for pictures and to make varoom-varoom noises with the canopy down. 
The first pic is the oldest daughter, the second is his brother Ethan, the car show organizer.  The others are random...
Stainless

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #1319 on: August 29, 2022, 03:09:57 PM »
There was always a line, and you might notice that in most pics there's someone crawling out or sitting behind the canopy.
Stainless