Author Topic: Jokes Saturday thru Thursday  (Read 28238 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: Jokes Saturday thru Thursday
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2021, 09:30:50 PM »
Horse walks into a bar..Fresh from his Hay-A- meeting..he sat alone drinking..saddled with guilt... :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2021, 10:34:05 PM »
Was that a neigh-bar-hood bar Jer?  :?
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2021, 10:41:37 PM »
Whinny drinks alone he'd rather be by himself.... paraphrasing George T
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline floydjer

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 08:06:10 PM »
Wasn't by himself Bob...He brought his bride-al
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 10:15:57 AM by floydjer »
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2021, 10:42:53 AM »
My husband and I went through the McDonald's driveway window and I gave the cashier a $5 bill.
Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25c.
She said, 'you gave me too much money.'
I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar back.'
She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request.
I did so, and he handed me back the 25c, and said 'We're sorry but we don?t do that kind of thing.'
The cashier then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change.
Do not confuse the people at MacD's.

We had to have the garage door repaired.
The repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.
He shook his head and said, 'You need a 1/4 horsepower.'
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two.'
We haven't used that repairman since...

I live in a semi rural area.
We recently had a new neighbor call the local city council office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.
The reason: 'Too many deers are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE.
My daughter went to a Mexican fast food and ordered a taco.
She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.'
He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked,
'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'
To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'
He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

The pedestrian light on the corner beeps when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an 'intellectually challenged' co-worker of mine.
She asked if I knew what the beeper was for.
I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, 'what on earth are blind people doing driving?!'
She is a government employee.....

When my wife and I arrived at a car dealership to pick up our car after a
service, we were told the keys had been locked in it.
We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver?s side door.
As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
?Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!'
His reply, 'I know. I already did that side.'
STAY ALERT!
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline floydjer

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2021, 08:09:42 PM »
Went to a garage sale and found a t.v. for $1 !!...The volume knob is broken and stuck on LOUD...but for a buck? I could not turn it down...

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2021, 09:42:17 AM »
Understanding Engineers #1:

Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"  The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."  The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice.  The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

Understanding Engineers #2:

To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Understanding Engineers #3:

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.   The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys?  We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"   The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"  The priest said, "Here comes the greens-keeper, let's have a word with him."  He said, "Hello George, what's wrong with that group ahead of us?  They're rather slow, aren't they?"  The greens-keeper replied, "Oh yes, that's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime!"   The group fell silent for a moment.  The priest said, "That's so sad.  I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."  The doctor said, "Good idea.  I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."  The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

Understanding Engineers #4:

What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons.
Civil engineers build targets.

Understanding Engineers #5:

The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that??

Understanding Engineers #6:

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Understanding Engineers #7:

An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."  He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.  The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay with you for one week."  The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.  The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want."  Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter?  I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want.  Why won't you kiss me?"  The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer.  I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog - now that's cool."

And finally:

Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top.  A woman walked by and asked what they were doing.  "We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole," said Sven, "but we don't have a ladder."  The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground.  Then she took a tape measure from her pocketbook, took a measurement, announced, "Twenty one feet, six inches," and walked away.  One engineer shook his head and laughed.  "A lot of good that does us.  We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"  Both engineers have since quit their engineering jobs and are currently serving as elected members of Congress.
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2021, 10:53:56 AM »
Woody, I don't see much humor there, but thanks for trying.  I mean, that's just real life.

I graduated from Michigan Technological University.  Consider dorm life in an engineering school that's way up north and had a 15 guy - 1 girl* ratio.

*Although many of the girls were of the less-than-trophy-woman persuasion...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2021, 12:49:23 PM »
What do you give an electrical engineer on his birthday??...Shorts.

Offline floydjer

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2021, 06:04:06 AM »
Reminds me of the engineering student who had his calculator battery die during an exam.....Poor guy couldn't count on anything...

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »
Reminds me of the engineering student who had his calculator battery die during an exam.....Poor guy couldn't count on anything...

In China, low batteries in a calculator are known as "Dim Sum"
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2021, 09:58:58 AM »
Somebody was smart and brought the ice squeegy from the rink when he packed for Bville that year. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2021, 08:25:23 PM »
Jon.....He is trying to contact a dead relative.....That is a squeegee board....

Offline floydjer

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2022, 09:49:42 AM »
Since today is Saturday.........Why does the devil hate going to the mail box  during the holidays????  All those letters from dyslexic kids....😃

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2022, 02:35:39 PM »
I just got this from Marlo Treit:

Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>
>>     Rules from the male side.......
>>
>>                 
>>                 At last, a guy has taken the time to write this all down.
>>                 
>>                 We always hear 'the rules' from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.
>>
>>
>>                 These are our rules:
>>
>>
>>                 Please note.. they are all numbered '1' ON PURPOSE!
>>
>>
>>                 1.   Men are NOT mind readers.
>>
>>                 1.    Learn to work the toilet seat.   You're a big girl.   If it's up, put it down.   We need it up, you need it down.   You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
>>
>>                 1.    Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides.  Let it be.
>>
>>                 1.    Crying is blackmail, and witchcraft.
>>                 1.    Ask for what you want.   Let us be clear on this one!  Subtle hints do not work!  Strong hints do not work!  Obvious hints do not work!   Just say it!
>>
>>                 1.    Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
>>
>>                 1.   Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do.  Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
>>
>>                 1.    Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.  In fact, all comments become Null and Void after 7 Days.
>>
>>                 1.    If you think you're fat, you probably are.  Don't ask us.
>>
>>                 1.    If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
>>
>>                 1.   You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done.   Not both.   If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
>>
>>                 1.    Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
>>
>>                 1.    Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
>>
>>                 1.    ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color.   Pumpkin is also a fruit.
>>
>>                 1.    If it itches, it will be scratched.  We do that.
>>
>>                 1.    If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' we will act like nothing's wrong.  We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
>>
>>
>>                 1.    If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear..
>>
>>                 1.   When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really!
>>
>>                 1.    Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as football or golf.
>>
>>                 1.    You have enough clothes.
>>
>>                 1.   You have too many shoes.
>>
>>                 1.    I am in shape.  Round IS a shape!
>>
>>                 1.   Thank you for reading this.   Yes, I know I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that?   It's like camping.
>>                 Pass this to as many men as you can - to give them a laugh..
>>                 Pass this to as many women as you can - to give them a bigger laugh.
>>
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com