Author Topic: POLL: is Innovation Unlimited?  (Read 1748 times)

JohnR

POLL: is Innovation Unlimited?
« on: November 17, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
The description of the Special Construction Category in the 2004 SCTA-BNI rulebook is as follows:

"This category is the pinnacle of the straightaway racer's art" ...."These are all-out straightaway vehicles with non-stock engine blocks allowed. Innovation is unlimited" ...

At this last SCTA-BNI board meeting, in conjunction with upholding a ban on traction control systems, the board voted to remove the words "Innovation is Unlimited" from the description.

What do you think?

<small>[ November 17, 2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: John Romero ]</small>

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: POLL: is Innovation Unlimited?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »
Not enough questions.
 Special construction should be limited by clearly demonstrated safety rules. Performance limitations are subject to politics and have no place in the category.
 All the other classes can have whatever rules you decide on as a club.
 Individual input should be received and answered responsibly in a timely fashion. Southern California is not the origin of the universe or racing either.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

JohnR

Re: POLL: is Innovation Unlimited?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by JackD:
  Not enough questions.
 Special construction should be limited by clearly demonstrated safety rules. Performance limitations are subject to politics and have no place in the category.
 All the other classes can have whatever rules you decide on as a club.
 Individual input should be received and answered responsibly in a timely fashion. Southern California is not the origin of the universe or racing either.
Jack,
 As to SoCal being the center of racing, I agree, it is not, that honor goes to that grubby, wide spot on I-80 called Wendover!

But, we are the center of the universe. I saw it on a bumper sticker just the other day.

Just as a FYI, anybody can post a poll like the two I have by simply clicking on the "Post A Poll" button on the top right of the forum screen. The only thing I would recommend is to make the results viewable to all, regardless of wether they have voted, I didn't do it that way and I should have but you can't change it once it's done.

John Romero