Author Topic: Any Software for Center of Pressure?  (Read 12706 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Cp the easy way:
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 04:12:02 PM »
CTSaltV,
If you are just looking for the Cp as related to the side view of the car and only to see if your car should be stable in a straight line because your Cp is behind you CG. You can find a good approx of the Cp from makeing an accurate scale drawing of the side view of your car, copy it onto heavy card board, cut it out, punch a hole at the nose of the car and at say the top of the car. Suspend the model from a string through the front hole, trace a line across the model that is inline with the string, hang the model from the top hole and trace a line across the model that is in line with the string. Where they cross is it. No it does not take into account the individual shapes of the components that make up the shape but I'll bet it is close enough to see if your car is stable. You can then locate the CG front to rear and located it on the model and if it is in front of the Cp your good if it is behind then make sure your driver has fast reactions.

If you are looking for the Cp as related to down force then that is a different kettle of fish and is very affected by the rake of he car.
Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline panic

• My tech papers
Re: Any Software for Center of Pressure?
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »
I found a potentially useful program here: http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/software.htm

look for accalculator.msi

It does area from a picture, compares areas of different components, center of gravity, etc.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Any Software for Center of Pressure?
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »
So what ever happened ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"