Author Topic: UTAH ALLIANCE  (Read 135431 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: UTAH ALLIANCE
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 06:12:52 PM »
I'm in the I-don't-give-a-schit-about the racers camp.

There is some danger involved, but I think it should be they're destroying a national treasure.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline joea

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 06:13:51 PM »
""what if we showed up on the salt....1,000 people there? 2,000? More?...peaceful, positive show of solidarity and support ""

half-fast.... the LSR racers and fans been doing this
1-3 or more times a year for decades... ....the SCTA/USFRA
meets include open statements about the dire salt situation, STS/BLM reps
etc speaking over public loud speaker system at the drivers meetings with world wide media present....and financial support fostered at each event...for STS...

and yet we have the situation we have today....

not saying folks shouldnt venture out there, more power to ya...!!

this critical mass situation and ALLIANCE movement is exciting   !!

Offline half-fast racer

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »
Agree that people have been doing this for years - me too (but not as many years). However the difference I am proposing is to show up, in mass, not to race, not to watch, but just to make a statement - that we're willing to drive hundreds of miles, just to show we care, that it's important to us and others, that we're tired of being ignored, and as US citizens we are expressing our concern in a legal, peaceful manner. I would even go so far as to recommend bringing no race cars, as they shift focus and dilute the true purpose. This may sound trivial, but I absolutely believe it would get coverage, maybe even national if you could get Jay Leno to show up.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 11:28:55 PM »
The website shows we are pro-mining...  I must agree they can have all the potash they can get....  But they are taking way more than that.  Our problem is probably in "Metal Recovery Salt (MRS), which is a combination of potash and salt, the ore from the harvest ponds is sent directly to the dryer to be dried and screened. The final products are conveyed and stored in bulk storage warehouses. From the warehouses, potash and MRS are loaded directly into railcars or trucks for shipment." (the quote is from Intrepid's SEC info)
That seems to be the racing surface... heading out in railcars... piled up on the south side of the I-80.  So hopefully one of the first agenda items is what are they allowed to harvest with their mining lease.  If the answer is salt... oh, make that Metal Recovery Salt, then it may not matter how much depleted brine they pump back... they are just using that to wash more racing surface into their ditches so there is more MRS to sell. 

So there is an item we need answered... What are they allowed to mine from the Salt Flats.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
The way I read it, we're screwed. All they have to do for reclamation is fill and level the ditches, plug the wells and remove the pumps. There is no reclamation plan in place.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 03:49:19 PM »
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
Take the time to read this.
  Sid.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ut/salt_lake_fo/planning/documents.Par.17457.File.dat/Intrepid%20EA.pdf

I tried to go to your link but all I come up with is this:

Service Unavailable

The requested service is temporarily unavailable. It is either overloaded or under maintenance. Please try later.

Tom G.

PS. I was finally able to get through, Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:42:18 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
The way I read it, we're screwed. All they have to do for reclamation is fill and level the ditches, plug the wells and remove the pumps. There is no reclamation plan in place.

Ron

The people who negotiated that contract must be the same ones who negotiated the deal with Iran.  :x

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 05:57:49 PM »
This whole thing reminds me of the lyrics to "Hotel California".

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 07:36:07 PM »
My whole thing here has been to learn more for myself & share it with others & while working to make a living & still working on the liner, I don't have much time to devote to this but here's what I came up with a while back.
In 2014 the BLM received 5.2 Billion Dollars from "Public Land" in invoices (what ever that means) from 245 million acres of surface land & 700 million acres of sub surface material. Now that's a cuppla bucks people!

It is unclear to me in that last document if the Intrepid Bonneville lease is for 24,699.83 acres (page 1) or 87,000 acres (page 35). Somewhere in my overcrowded brain I seem to recall $200/acre/year payment to The BLM for the Bonneville lease plus a slice of the cash product. OK! take the lesser number of acres & you have $4.9 Million not counting the slice. I know of a good place they could use some of that!!
  Sid.

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »
Now that everybody is up to speed on Intrepid's contractual obligations,
let's consider the worst case scenario for moving Salt north;
we have to do it ourselves.

My bare bones operation;
A scarifier (the machine used to grind up old highway surface)
A front-end loader
A dump truck
and a bulldozer.
a person to operate all the machines
Fuel, food, lodging.

Upgrade to individual operators for each machine.
Upgrade to more dump trucks and drivers.
Upgrade to a conveyor system under I-80.

Yes, I have considerable experience with bulk dry material handling.
And I can operate heavy equipment.

Sid, do ya think $5M will last, say, 3 years?

Sam
Raving maniac

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:31:02 PM by Dakin Engineering »
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
Sid's figure was per year.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »
Exactly.
One year of royalties spent over 3 years.

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 01:04:25 AM »
I'm in the repair side of heavy equipment so I'm not lost on it. You could move a lot of product for 5 Mil if you weren't lining your pockets but without other changes you would only be thickening the slurry going back down the drain.
  Sid.