Author Topic: Notes from Richard Parks  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Notes from Richard Parks
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »
I'm on the mailing list from Richard Parks (so of Wally, in case you didn't know it).  Today I got this notice of a few deaths and celebrations of life that are upcoming:

"I just wanted to pass along that we will be having a memorial for dad, Chet Vetter, on Thursday, June 25, 2015 and if you could pass this info on I would appreciate it.  The memorial will take place at Loma Vista Memorial Park at 701 E. Bastanchury Rd., Fullerton, CA 92835 at 10:30 am.  There will be a reception to follow and direction given out after the service.  Please feel free to bring your hot rods to honor dad.  Thank you, Carolyn Vetter-Gillis
-----------------------
     I knew Harry "Chip" Payne through my friend Jimmy Correia.  I knew Chip was a Hemi winning top fueler in his day.  I was fortunate to do a story on him about his fascinating past in Southern California when he won at the Lions Dragstrip in Top Fuel.  Chip spent time here in Union City in Northern California. He passed away in Southern California.  His friends here will never forget him and neither will I.  Rest in Peace.  Spencer Simon
-----------------------
     Don Weaver, who put on the Legends of Ascot Reunion at Perris Speedway, and was an oval track racer and head mechanic, passed away on June 4, 2015 in North Carolina at the Serenity House.  Our condolences to his family.  A celebration of life is in the planning stages.
-----------------------
     Tex Smith passed away in June in Australia.  So did Bud Coons, who was in New Mexico.  Both men worked for my father, Wally Parks and were close friends of the family.  Our best to their families."
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com